Allentown, PA 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allentown, PA 2013

Any info would be appreciated. Number they expect to hire?

I would not expect major hiring with Allentown FD. The Mayor is expected to cut staffing and take a truck offline. So I wouldn't expect them to take more then 10 total off this list. I'm not affiliated with Allentown FD in anyway so I could be wrong. That's just the information I gathered from a person on the job and a few people I know who live there.
    Last edited by jrm973; 03-22-2013, 12:07 PM. Reason: spelling, missing wordage

Comment

hmmm...perhaps not the best place to transfer to? If they are cuting staff etc.....bummed out. I was excited to fly out and test for this dept.

Comment

I wouldn't bother... they will be lucky to make 5 hires of this list. Department was cut by 20 positions, closed 1 company permanently and are browning out an engine on a regular basis...

Comment

Will you take your own advice and not bother with the test? You may be correct they may only take 5 people, but I'm guess somebody who posts "I wouldn't bother" is trying to thin the number of people trying to take the test. So Buck are you not going to "bother" with the test?

Comment

jrm...do you have any more info you could share? Trying to decide if I should head all the way out there. I looked up allentown fire and it seems like a great busy place. Im a career firefighter now but my dept is in dyer straits. Dont want to go to a similar situation 100s of miles away.

Comment

Not anymore then I have previously posted. I do think Buck is correct I don't think their is going to be many hires. I live about an hour away so I going to make the drive for the test. I'm a Vet so I'll get the points for it, so it kind of makes it worth the try for me and if you are too I would take the test.
              Have you looked at over seas private contract fire suppresion work? I know the goverment contracts for fire fighters for military bases maybe by the time the contract is up your dept will be in a better shape.

Comment

JRM- I did test. I was only trying to relay that it probably wouldn't be worth the money to fly out. Allentown is still top of my list of places to work... I will continue to test there til I end up getting it. I only have an hour drive, so it wouldn't make sense for me not to. Best of luck to you as well sir, hopefully the results aren't too far away

Comment

sorry man you know as well as I do how competitive it gets. I thought you were trying to knock out some comptition, my bad.

Comment

I took the test also anyone hear anything about the list? It was posted by this time already last time
                    To the men who were there that day, my utmost respect.
                    To those that will be there the next time, Ill be there by your side

Comment

Got the results today. Anyone have any updated hiring info?

Comment

Originally posted by EC512 View Post
                        Got the results today. Anyone have any updated hiring info?
                        Got mine today.. where you at on the list?

Comment

Originally posted by buck4502 View Post
                          Got mine today.. where you at on the list?
                          Very low 20's with a 94%, you?

Comment

I am new to the forums here and tested with allentown. This was my second time taking their test.. this time around i ended up with a 98% in the top 10. Best of luck to you EC and hopefully I'll be seeing you in the future!

Comment

EC512... check your pm's

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader