Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

OCFD hiring in 2009?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCFD hiring in 2009?

Anyone heard anything new regarding Oklahoma City FD hiring a new class in spring of 2009? I took the written back in March 2008, and have since received my NREMT-Paramedic (which will give a nice boost the next time I take the written).

I have heard some rumors (like we all have) about a potential academy in spring 2009 but with budget cuts and hiring freezes around the country I was wondering if anyone out there had any new info. Thanks for taking the time to read/post.

Take care!

When we were bidding gear down there not too long ago they said they would be putting on an academy of around 30 soon, don't know when though.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I had heard from a few friends in the last academy (the one that JUST got released) that their instructors had hinted vaguely that there may be a Spring 2009 academy too. If you hear anything else, please post away and I will do the same! Thanks again.

Comment

I was part of a group of call backs from the February 08 testing cycle. They put on a CPAT and interviews in December. After the interview I was told they were still considering doing a recruit academy in February 09 and if they were going to they would be calling to schedule polygraphs the next week. I did not hear anything the next week so I assume I did not make the cut or they are not having an academy. However, since then I have heard through the grapevine (no idea how reliable it is) that they are still trying to get one together, it defpends on how many retirees they will have in 09. Thats all I know for now.

Comment

Thanks for the heads-up. What I heard months ago (from people both in and out of the last academy to be put through), was that there was not going to be one in February as the last one just got finished and it was too fast to do another.

Who knows? But the only whispers I have heard are regarding a Spring/Summer acamedy but again, those whispers were some time ago.

Keep us posted!

Comment

There is an acdemey starting in about 2 weeks some of the guyes i work with at emsa got hired. There will be another I heard in the fall they are trying to to get as many paramedics as possible trying to get all stations ALS. Also one of the majors told me they are going to try and over staff the all the stations. Iam guessing for when they try and bid the ambulance contract again. I know ocfd is mad that emsa is actully making a profit, When they respond to all the calls emsa does. ocfd is actully losing money going on all the EMS calls when you count man power, gas, and wear on the engines. I know we got handed a 50 page book full of ideas that TFD OCFD and EMSA and some of the DOCs and the new medical Dir came up with to make the EMS system more effective. Some of the ideas were Paramedic fly cars, or first responder fly cars Both great ideas. Also one was patient refusal starting in 2010 were going to be able to deny service to anyone we dont think is in need of an ambulance and has a ride to the hospital. Also another one was not having fire respond to BS calls like toe pain, headache, etc. But for that to work the dispatch will have to get better at triageing the paitents. I dont know how many times I resopnded to priorty 1 SOB calls that are BS and prioty 2 calls that turned out to be full arrest. Another thing that hinted to more of a fire takeover is it talked about getting rid of the system status management which does not work in OKC. I know it talked about putting the ambulance in the fire stations. OKC to is trying to put together a new proposal to take over service in the smaller areas like bethany, war accers, and the village which I think needs to be done. If a fire breaks out in any of those areas they have to almost always be mutal aided by ocfd. Another thing you can still get hired if your not a paramedic out of the last academy there where about 8 who didnt even have there basic which I dont understand. I think you should aleast have your basic. Anyways I hope I answered your questions.

Comment

Just got my call for the CPAT this last week! Couldn't believe they finally called. Anyone else in the process right now? If so when is your assigned CPAT date? I heard early Nov, but who knows? That could definitely change by then. Well good luck to everyone and post any news you have please.

Comment

mine is nov 5

Comment

Good luck and God Speed to all who are taking the CPAT tomorrow!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X