lights/siren?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lights/siren?

'A there, just curious as to what North Carolina's laws are for lights/siren in POV's for vollies.

Can't break traffic laws, only chiefs can have sirens.
    No longer an explorer, but I didn't wanna lose my posts.

IACOJ 2003

Comment

you might want to check on this, but i believe you also need to have a station affiliation plate on the front of your vehicle. i was always told you needed that. also check your dept as they may have their own policies as well. ours has ones such as you can only use them in your station's district and a certain level of station training had to have been met.

Comment

expir985 is correct... As far as the state of NC is concerned you must be a chief officer to run a siren in a POV.
        FTM-PTB, EGH, KTF, RFB, DTRT and never forget the 4-Ups!

Comment

Only Chief or Asst Chief can have/run a siren, lightbar, or wig-wags on a POV.
          Service is the rent you pay for having space on earth.

Comment

You are correct about the wigwags and sirens however anyone, according to NC law may have a light bar. It goes back to the departments to decide in the SOG's who if anyone is allowed to have a light bar on their POV.
            FTM-PTB, EGH, KTF, RFB, DTRT and never forget the 4-Ups!

Comment

What i said, i read in the NC general statute. Im going to school to be a state trooper, so i should be learning them pretty well, Although, i dont believe a trooper will bother non chiefs for having a lightbar.
              Service is the rent you pay for having space on earth.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
              Working...
              X