• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NJTF1Bowman
    replied
    Just click on my screen name.

Originally posted by nozzlenut264
    heyy i cant figure out how to pm you.......any help??? thanks i was hoping that they are just some rumors after working hard on the app and all.....just got done with rope II ttoday.....well keep it safe!

Leave a comment:

• nozzlenut264
    replied
    heyy i cant figure out how to pm you.......any help??? thanks i was hoping that they are just some rumors after working hard on the app and all.....just got done with rope II ttoday.....well keep it safe!

Leave a comment:

• NJTF1Bowman
    replied
    PM me for info, yes it's worth getting the team.

the budget for the task force is a state line item, and it's just rumors.

Originally posted by nozzlenut264
    hey everyone i have all the app and such filled out just have to see the dr. but i was over hearing a few guys talk today about a meeting they were at and how the team might be in some money wose??? can anyone put the rumors to rest??? is i going to be worth it to try and get on??? i really want to get on the team and gain the skills and such...i dunno if this is all just rumors or what thats all.....jw i guess!!

thanks again!!
    Last edited by NJTF1Bowman; 10-28-2006, 07:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

• nozzlenut264
    replied
    hey everyone i have all the app and such filled out just have to see the dr. but i was over hearing a few guys talk today about a meeting they were at and how the team might be in some money wose??? can anyone put the rumors to rest??? is i going to be worth it to try and get on??? i really want to get on the team and gain the skills and such...i dunno if this is all just rumors or what thats all.....jw i guess!!

thanks again!!

Leave a comment:

• NJTF1Bowman
    replied
    Originally posted by BLSboy
    So you get paid for callups/training? I am short on cash as it is, and cant volunteer much more of my time, but this looks very intresting and a good learning experience
    The pay is great all training and personal equipment is paid for as for getting paid to go to training/deployments, yes if it's federal disaster ie: 9/11/01 other then that no, unless you have an understanding with your employer where they will pay you while on deployment during your the time you would be working.

Leave a comment:

• BLSboy
    replied
    So you get paid for callups/training? I am short on cash as it is, and cant volunteer much more of my time, but this looks very intresting and a good learning experience

Leave a comment:

• nozzlenut264
    replied
    hello to you too

just an update got the app filled out just have to get signed off by my sponser this weekend at our rope II class then its off to the mail for it! thank for the help everyone i hope i can get on to the team....so i can sare my know how and gain lots more!!!! one other thing dose TF-1 if i got on give out any tryp of gear?? i just had my local fd buy me a helmet and rope gloves being that we are going to start trainning more....jw tho!

thank
    keep it safe everyone!

Leave a comment:

• firerookie0120
    replied
    hello all..........................

Leave a comment:

• NJTF1Bowman
    replied
    just fill out the top part, this is if we get paid by any chance.. as for the Doctor's part any doctor can sign it, make copies of all your certs no matter what it is.

Leave a comment:

• nozzlenut264
    replied
    i have been filling out the app. and have one question....there is a w-9 form, i was reading the sheet that tell me what to put and it seems like its for vendors??? do i still fill out the top part of this???? and what is it for exactly?? jw just have to get the dr to sign off and that part is done. what certs should li send in??? should i send them all???

thanks agin

Leave a comment:

• nozzlenut264
    replied
    kool thats what i thought i was like....thanks

Leave a comment:

• NJTF1Bowman
    replied
    you get one week of training which every team member goes thru, basic stuff after that anything goes for the section your assigned to.

Leave a comment:

• nozzlenut264
    replied
    question??? what is the traing like??? i did here you do a one week for new guys or it it for everyone?? plus i also understand everyone is train to a basic stage?? then you go higher in your field??? jw thats all

Leave a comment:

• nozzlenut264
    replied
    i have alot of the info i just wanted some imput...im going to logistics, i have been thinking of trying to get on for some time now im just making the move...i know a few of the guys on it and they got me more into it so i just wanted alittle input on what the members aee and maybe some tips thats all.....and i thank everyone for the help!!!

be safe everyone!

Leave a comment:

• MEck51
    replied
    "I am a Firefighter/EMT-D looking into the TF. I checked out their website, but was a little more confused. What is it exactly that yall do?"

Well in a nutshell, we assist local dept.'s with USAR. One of our bigger things is strutcual collapse wether that be one building or multiple buildings. We also have been doing swiftwater for a while now and it seems that this role will be expanding somewhat. There are many other things that we are capable of doing, but those two are the ones that stick out the most. I've only been on the team for a little longer than a year and a half, I am always amazed at the amount of knowledge that the different people bring to their component. Like Bob said, check out the website for more info.

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X