Njtf-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Njtf-1

whats up everyone? anyone on NJTF-1?? im looking to try and get on sometime soon, as soon as i get a few classes done with, and i have talked to one guy about it but if anyone has any good inside info on things that they look for or like. im looking to go into legistics for truck and equipment maint, being that i am a truck mechanic. any help or tips would be kool!

thanks!
    brian

Hiya nozzlenut264, there are some of us that lurk on the boards... What part of Southern Jersey are you in??

head on over to the team web site download the app. for the team and send it in.. I've heard that is a waiting list but it's short

get what you can in the way of training, EMT is a plus.. most of what you need will be given in-house once your a member
    Peace to our fallen brothers...

9/11/01 NYC WTC

7/4/02 Gloucester City, NJ

-=IACOJ=- The proof is in the crust

......Work hard, play hard, and always have fun along the way......

Comment

hey NJTF1Bowman, well im in atlantic co down by atlantic city, i just finnished rope rescue 1, going to take 2 and confined space opps. should i get these classes done before i apply?? im going to take my emt-b next semester. anything else i should know???

thanks alot!
      keep it safe everyone

Comment

Trench rescue would be nice to have also, just submit your app. the sooner you get your foot in the door the better.

9/11/01 NYC WTC

Comment

i was thinking trench rescue also, just have to find the time and the place to take it. well i printed out an app. and i will be working on it, and then get it in as soon as pos. i can send it in even tho i have not compleated rope 2 and confined space or should i wait, i will have them both done by late novemebr.

well thanks again!
          keep things safe

Comment

Don't wait, just add to the app. that you will have both classes by Nov.

9/11/01 NYC WTC

Comment

alright good stuff....im gonna start working on it now! your from camden co right??? you have trench rescue at your acad.???? we dont have it yet in atlantic...jw thats all. thanks for all the help!

Comment

Yes from Camden County, as for the class being held at Camden County few and far between.... it is give once a year by the Task Force, I can't say wait until you get on the task force to get the training but we do alot and I mean alot of in-house training at lakehurst.

9/11/01 NYC WTC

Comment

well im in the prosses of getting th app. packet filled out and all....i have my resume ready to go along with it i just have go copy all of my docs. and certs. thank for the help. are there anythings i could be working on now as to not make a fool out of myself if i am able to get onto the team??

thanks again
                  keep safe

Comment

Not really, just have an open mind.

9/11/01 NYC WTC

Comment

I am a Firefighter/EMT-D looking into the TF. I checked out their website, but was a little more confused. What is it exactly that yall do?
                      AJ, MICP, FireMedic
                      Member, IACOJ.
                      FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
                      This message has been made longer, in part from a grant from the You Are a Freaking Moron Foundation.

Comment

Head over to the website, click on "Becoming a Member" download the PDF "Membership Application" print that out and fill that out then send it in the address provided.

9/11/01 NYC WTC

Comment

"I am a Firefighter/EMT-D looking into the TF. I checked out their website, but was a little more confused. What is it exactly that yall do?"

Well in a nutshell, we assist local dept.'s with USAR. One of our bigger things is strutcual collapse wether that be one building or multiple buildings. We also have been doing swiftwater for a while now and it seems that this role will be expanding somewhat. There are many other things that we are capable of doing, but those two are the ones that stick out the most. I've only been on the team for a little longer than a year and a half, I am always amazed at the amount of knowledge that the different people bring to their component. Like Bob said, check out the website for more info.

Comment

i have alot of the info i just wanted some imput...im going to logistics, i have been thinking of trying to get on for some time now im just making the move...i know a few of the guys on it and they got me more into it so i just wanted alittle input on what the members aee and maybe some tips thats all.....and i thank everyone for the help!!!

be safe everyone!

Comment

question??? what is the traing like??? i did here you do a one week for new guys or it it for everyone?? plus i also understand everyone is train to a basic stage?? then you go higher in your field??? jw thats all

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X