X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

St. Louis City Paramedic
    "When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on."
    – Franklin D. Roosevelt

"What ever you do in life do it with passion and enthusiasm and you will always be a winner." Steve Irwin

Greg

Comment

Camden Point Fire Dept here.
      Zac Hershley
      Camden Point Fire Prot. Dist.
      Firefighter/EMT-B

Comment

Logan-Rogersville FPD here
        Firefighter/EMT-B
        IACOJ

Comment

sni valley, kansas city area
          if there's no firetrucks in heaven, i aint going

Comment

sni valley, kansas city area
            Anyone named Jason there that went to CMSU in the last 1990's?

Believe he might be a Captain.

Comment

have a Jason that's a captian, i think he went to CMSU but not sure on that.
              I'm on medical leave so i don't know when i'll see him again to ask.

Comment

Volunteer/ Fishing River Fire Protection District. About 25 miles northeast of KC

Comment

Jefferson County Hazmat.

Comment

Volunteer in a small town north of St. Joseph.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FireMav View Post
                      Camden Point Fire Dept here.
                      Just got hired full time Northland Regional Ambulance District
                      Zac Hershley
                      Camden Point Fire Prot. Dist.
                      Firefighter/EMT-B

Comment

Change of plans... I'll be finishing my associates this spring/summer. I'm thinkin bout taking EMT-B in the summer and Fire academy in the fall of 07.
                        Does anyone know of any departments (KC area - Warrensburg area) that would hire volunteer or even full time without certs?
                        Will having my associates on top of my certs help me to get hired on? I'm also pursuing my bachelors through CMSU... probably something health related.
                        Thanks and stay safe,
                        Tim

Comment

Originally posted by Pancho View Post
                          Change of plans... I'll be finishing my associates this spring/summer. I'm thinkin bout taking EMT-B in the summer and Fire academy in the fall of 07.
                          Does anyone know of any departments (KC area - Warrensburg area) that would hire volunteer or even full time without certs?
                          Will having my associates on top of my certs help me to get hired on? I'm also pursuing my bachelors through CMSU... probably something health related.
                          Thanks and stay safe,
                          Tim
                          I think warrensburg has a student position, not sure the requirements though. other then that noone will hire. most the vol depts require you to either have certs or get them within a year. my suggestion is to call the nearest FD and ask, they usually know about the next dept over too. That's what I did when I moved to KC area a year ago.

Comment

Yea, no kidding. I know Johnson County Fire Department in Warrensburg is looking for volunteers and requires no certs or anything.
                            I think I've decided to take fire academy as the night class that they offer. I'm gonn be living 30 mins away from where it is, so I can't really drive there everyday if I took the day one. And this way I get fire academy done sooner! I'm too excited to wait till this Fall. That and I'll have my certs and get on somewhere sooner this way!
                            Thanks and stay safe,
                            Tim

Comment

Poncho--You can look at the Fire Department Registry at the Missouri Division of Fire Safety's website and see what departments are around Warrensburg or wherever you may be looking to live. Most of them have contact information if you want to call and ask them, get it straight from the horses mouth so to speak.

I know a lot of departments around here don't require any certs to get on, most of those don't really require you get them (although I recommend you do). A lot will help you get whatever training you want. Plus you're close to Columbia and Jeff City, so there's a lot of MUFRTI classes you can take within a few hours drive.

Comment

Thanks for the website.
                                Thats crazy though, just about every volunteer department around my home town requires certs to even be hired as a volunteer! I'm hoping to start academy Jan 17 if they have an open seat.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X