Who's Hiring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rickk2003 View Post
    Very excited about St. Paul! I've been running those stairs like crazy lately. Does anybody have any word about Minneapolis? I would think they are about due for a new class, but I am guessing all the budget cuts are holding them back.
    A former coworker of mine that has been with MFD for about 3 years is getting laid off at the end of the year. Aparently, they're shutting down entire engine companies.

It also sounds like SPFD may be taking most of the MFD layoffs as laterals.

Comment

Originally posted by natedog54 View Post
      A former coworker of mine that has been with MFD for about 3 years is getting laid off at the end of the year. Aparently, they're shutting down entire engine companies.

It also sounds like SPFD may be taking most of the MFD layoffs as laterals.
      I heard they did that back around the time of their last exam too. Don't know if there was any truth to it though or what, if any, effect it had on their hiring plans.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamWest View Post
        I heard they did that back around the time of their last exam too. Don't know if there was any truth to it though or what, if any, effect it had on their hiring plans.
        They had a round of lay offs around 3.5 to 4 years ago. They hired again about 3 years ago, which is when my former coworker got hired with them. The city of Minneapolis has some messed up priorities.

Last time, I believe it was to shift funding from public safety to "greenways." I'm not exactly sure what it is this time. I do know that MPLS had actually spent about $300,000.00 on a study to figure out if street trollys would be a viable option to suppliment the LRT.

Here's an idea for them; Rent the third largest U-Haul truck available ($29.00 plus milage) and drive it down the middle of Hennepin Avenue during rush hour at 5mph. Figure out how many people get ****ed off and get arrested for "road rage" incidents. There is your "Trolly Viability Study."

Comment

MAC (MSP Airport) is starting a list.

http://agency.governmentjobs.com/mac/default.cfm

Comment

south bend fire

south bend fire department is hiring....www.southbendfire.com

Comment

Originally posted by pedlnmedic View Post
              south bend fire department is hiring....www.southbendfire.com
              Last time I checked South Bend was in Indiana...not Minnesota. Thanks though.

Comment

This forum has been pretty quiet, so I don't know how many people still check this thread. Wanted to give it a bump and see if anyone has some insight as to who may be hiring soon. I heard Rochester just hired a few off their list that tested last summer. Anyone hear anything about Richfield, MAC, or South Metro hiring anytime soon?

Comment

I would guess South Metro would be opening up soon since it has been over 2 years since their last test...

Comment

.....post deleted......
                    Last edited by gbsb11; 11-24-2012, 12:23 PM.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X