Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone in Maine have access to the web?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone in Maine have access to the web?

I've noticed that there is NO activity on this forum. It makes me wonder if anyone in Maine has access to the web. Certainly no one north of Bangor does. I realize they just got electricity 4 years ago but come on. Put the toilet inside and stoke the wood stove. It's going to be a loooooooooong winter.
    IAFF member, Love this job! Remember the oath!

Keith, Maine is closed for the winter. Try your request again in the 7 day period known as spring (or mud season) and the 14 day period known as summah (or black fly season).

I suspect you've been too long away to remember what hibernation is really like.
    Remember, it IS as bad as you think and they ARE out to get you!

Comment

Jim your absolutly right, I forgot! So what are you doing out of your hibernation cave?

Comment

Unfortunately I have to work for a living. One of the perks of the job a nice high speed web connection. So, one thing leads to another.

Comment

NICE!!! Where are you from?

Comment

Down in York County, which is fast becoming Northern Massachusetts.

Comment

Jim,
              I have some land in Alfred which is not to far from you. I almost moved there several years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim917
                Down in York County, which is fast becoming Northern Massachusetts.
                What do you mean.. it was Northern Massachusetts at one time!
                ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
                Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainGonzo
                  What do you mean.. it was Northern Massachusetts at one time!
                  Well Captain, I knew from some of your previous posts that you were old. But I didn't think even YOU would remember life before 1820! Over the last 186 years we made substantial progress in learning how to speak without the funny accent and learning how to drive without them funny circles you call rotary's. Unfortunately someone in Maine spilled the beans (not the molasses - that was Boston) and all kinds of folks are moving in now.

And they expect all the services that had in Taxachusetts.

Comment

I don't know how you can call Mass "Taxachusetts" when Maine's Taxes are OUT OF CONTROL! Being the second highest taxed state in the country and all. Mass isn't even close.

-Nick

Comment

Well Captain, I knew from some of your previous posts that you were old. But I didn't think even YOU would remember life before 1820! Over the last 186 years we made substantial progress in learning how to speak without the funny accent and learning how to drive without them funny circles you call rotary's. Unfortunately someone in Maine spilled the beans (not the molasses - that was Boston) and all kinds of folks are moving in now.

Ayuh.. and you cahn't get to thea from heah!
                      ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
                      Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X