Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Attention ALL LAYED OFF and CAREER SEEKING FIREMEN!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RW84
    replied
    Thats what I thought.I didnt think they would start a recruit class for 4 recruits.Thank you for the additional information. After the oral board where does the process go from there. Psych, Background, etc.?Thanks again

Leave a comment:

• pedlnmedic
    replied
    Originally posted by RW84 View Post
    Now I dont know if this is true or not but I heard from a County guy that South Bend is only looking for 4 recruits. I dont know if he said that just because I mentioned that I might apply with you guys and he doesnt want me leaving a volunteer group I just joined or if its true. Can you say how many recruits your looking for or if you are primarily looking for individuals who were firefighters previously. I have some schooling in it but back when I was in school for it we were switching buildings both years so there was more busy work to be done.Any information would help.Thanks
    your county source is wrong. it would not be cost effective for the city to hire only four. with the cost of a hiring process and the associated 21 week fire academy, it would be insane to hire only four. We are hiring AT LEAST 10 (maybe more) for an academy starting in may/june of next year. And the list will be good for at lest 2 years. (the last list was good for 3 years).

As far as looking for experienced persons... we are not. we conduct a civil service, competitive hiring process. Regardless of where you come from you will have to attend our academy. With that said, the city reserves the right to move paramedics up the list...something that hasn't been done often (of the past 25 hired none were moved up).
    Last edited by pedlnmedic; 11-23-2009, 02:03 PM. Reason: additional info

Leave a comment:

• RW84
    replied
    Now I dont know if this is true or not but I heard from a County guy that South Bend is only looking for 4 recruits. I dont know if he said that just because I mentioned that I might apply with you guys and he doesnt want me leaving a volunteer group I just joined or if its true. Can you say how many recruits your looking for or if you are primarily looking for individuals who were firefighters previously. I have some schooling in it but back when I was in school for it we were switching buildings both years so there was more busy work to be done.Any information would help.Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Attention ALL LAYED OFF and CAREER SEEKING FIREMEN!

The City of South Bend Indiana is HIRING!! When departments all across the country have been laying off, we are hiring! The process is to be announced on Monday Nov. 9th, with applications being available through Dec. 14th. Target academy start date is May 2010.

The City Staffs 16 fire companies (11 engines, 4 trucks, 1 rescue), 7 Medic units (4 city, 3 county) a safety officer, an EMS supervisor, and 2 battalion chiefs with 250 sworn personal.

South Bend is a medium size city (107,000) located in Northern Indiana about 70 miles East of Chicago Il. We are a city that still sees a good amount of fire (approx. 650 fires last year), as well as traumas and medicals.

In addition to the fire/ems we also staff 3 regional special operations teams (Haz-Mat, Swift Water/Dive, and Technical Rescue).

South Bend is most known for the university of Notre Dame (go IRISH) and the home of Studebaker Auto.

Visit www.southbendfire.com after Monday for details about our hiring process. If you have questions please feel free to contact me at [email protected]

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X