No announcement yet.

Muncie Fire Department hiring.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All previous fire and ems service counts toward your intrview score. But remember if you go in cocky like you know everything and act as if the department can't go on without you than you have wasted your time even going. I know this sounds funny but it happens every time we do a process. A large majority of the firefighters who have been hired in the last several years came from other depts., mainly volunteer.

Comment

MFD
      Thank you for your reply. Also thanks for the posting that Muncie was hiring.

Comment

How Long does the Muncie process normaly take? I've been in a few processes that are drawn out for a LONG time so I'm just trying to get an idea. And another question. Does the department look to hire new personnel at all age groups. Might sound dumb but I've been through a couple of processes were the department is only interested in hiring new personnel that are of older age and I'm on the younger side of the age range.(going on 22).

Thanks for any reply back!

Comment

I hate to burst your bubble, but this original post is a couple years old, started on 02-28-2005, 05:02 PM.

Comment

37 year old vol FF

Any one out there know what I can do to become full time at the age of 37?

Comment

I really hate to say it, but as of right now, you're SOL. The cutoff is 36, and that's state law. Apparently, it's in the works of being changed to 40, but until that happens, there's not much you can do other than keep training for that CPAT!

Comment

It's state law that if you're a member of PERF (retirement pension) that you may be no older than 36 when you first begin. Notice, that is a law about being a member of PERF. Some departments (VERY few and far between) will hire you with the understanding you can't be a member of the retirement system. I'm not sure how this is being done as it was my understanding that to be a paid firefighter in Indiana that you must also become a member of PERF, however I do know ff's who are paid, and are not members of PERF.

Also, there was a posting on the indiana firefighters union site, regarding the bill that would increase this age from 36 to 40, however it is no longer on their site. I don't know if it was dropped, passed or what not.
                Last edited by firefighter1023; 04-23-2007, 03:01 PM.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                Working...
                X