The new IL. paramedic test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new IL. paramedic test

Has anyone taken the new PM test. we had a class just take it in Jan., and 30 out of 39 failed. Not good!

When did the test change?

rfd599
    www.IllinoisFireStore.com

Comment

Jan 27th was the first that I know of.

Comment

OK, I took it back in September and most of us passed that I know of.

rfd599
        www.IllinoisFireStore.com

Comment

Which new test are you talking about? It changes so often its hard to keep up. Last I heard the new one was run the same group that administers RN boards, same format I believe. I plan on taking that one in May.
          DJ

IAFF L738
          www.iafflocal738.org

IACOJ

Comment

January, was the first time they gave it, and it is based on the national registry i guess.

Comment

I took mine 2 1/2 years ago when they first screwed up and had to make a new one. Most everyone that I new of passed. How can it be based on the N.R., I mean, why wouldn't the state just adopt NR and ditch the state one?

Comment

Well either a lot of you didn't know the material or the test was ridiculously hard.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGBOS1 View Post
                  Well either a lot of you didn't know the material or the test was ridiculously hard.
                  Yup....sounds like it...Either the classes aren't teaching what's on the test, or the tests are being made by someone who doesn't know what the classes are teaching....(i think i just confused myself!) Either way, good luck, DJ, little bro. I'm sure you're studying hard already.
                  "Well behaved women rarely make history"

Comment

I know this is an old thread...but does anyone know anything new about this test? Its the one given by Continental Testing Services. They have been the testing vendor for the state in ALL levels of EMT, nursing, and instructors since the first of the year. I take the the medic test in week. Anyone taken it yet?
                    DJ

IAFF L738
                    www.iafflocal738.org

IACOJ

Comment

I took the test Mar. 24th at ISU. I got a 75% Its decieving because I walked away really thinking that I got at least an 85, but it was pretty tough. If anyone wants any info on what I remember from it, private message me and I will try to help you out!

Comment

Test Results

Originally posted by FFMD1983 View Post
                        I took the test Mar. 24th at ISU. I got a 75% Its decieving because I walked away really thinking that I got at least an 85, but it was pretty tough. If anyone wants any info on what I remember from it, private message me and I will try to help you out!
                        I TOOK THE SAME TEST EXTREMELY HARD WHY SHOULD I HAVE TO DIAGNOSE AIDS, FOR EXAMPLE, MY QUESTION IS ABOUT HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO GET YOUR TEST RESULTS, SO I CAN SIGN UP FOR THE NEXT ONE,)HAHA)

Comment

Where did you take the test at EMT102?? We may have been at the same one! I though the exact same thing about it.
                          DJ

IAFF L738
                          www.iafflocal738.org

IACOJ

Comment

testing

im sure we did, its sloat, i contacted the test ctr. and idph, i guess the contract between the testing service and idph ends at the end of june, which means no more test for a while, the next test is june 16th in carbondale but its hard to register for it when it takes 2- 4 weeks for our results from the last time, funny how that works huh. the past fail rate is 65% accordinging to dr gaines assistant in springfield, let me know if anyone hears different.........

Comment

haha. Well this is Boczek, so yeah needless to say we took the same test. So we are pretty much screwed if we don't get our results back pretty quick huh? Kinda sucks that this attempt counts against us if the state has no confidence in their testing agency. Oh well, at least afterwards was a good time! You missed on some crazy games of Big Game Hunter!
                              DJ

IAFF L738
                              www.iafflocal738.org

IACOJ

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader