NFIRS Class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFIRS Class

Has anyone taken the NRIFS class offered by the OSFM, where they give you a computer and printer after completion?

It started out as a 2 day course but they've cut it down to 1. Was wondering what the class is like. Since they cut it down to one day does it just mainly cover how to fill out the forms or does it also cover how to use the Summary Output Reports?

Also what type of computer is provided?

While I haven't taken it..several guys at work have. We got our free computer. We've had to replace the hard drive in it...twice I'm sure it was just a dud though. Its a pretty good program! I know dad is planning on takin it tomorrow..in Salem I believe
    DJ

IAFF L738
    www.iafflocal738.org

IACOJ

Comment

DJ, I hope it's not tomorrow or I'm going to flip. I think it's Saturday. At least that's what I was told. I hope they've cut it down to 4 hours!

Roger, if you read this let me know if I'm wrong about Saturday at 9:00.

Jack, save me a seat if I'm running late!

Chad
      SFPD Member MABAS Division 47
      Told my wife I'm at work. Told my boss I'm sick. I'm really at the fire station.
      I.A.C.O.J.

Comment

Is the computer a laptop or a desktop?

Comment

Chad, the class is Saturday, at 9AM. See you then.

They used to be desktop computers, but I heard they might be switching to laptops. I hope they're desktop now cause that's what we really need.
          Jack Boczek, Chief
          Ashley Community Fire Protection District

FLATLANDERS FOREVER!

Comment

Nfirs

We are having a class in Galva on March 17.They are bringing laptops up here for us.Anyone interested in this area should e-mail Colleen at the SFMO for more info.

Comment

we got our computer before anyone took the class. we had to people take it, the chief and our treasurer/secretary. However the computer was not set up until a few days after the class. Ours was a HP desktop. No problems so far but we havent used it that much either.
              "Let's Roll." Todd Beamer 9/11 first soldier in the war on terror

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America. And to the republic for which it stands ONE NATION UNDER GOD indivisible,with liberty, and justice for all.

I.A.C.O.J. Probie and darn proud of it.

Comment

In Salem we got nice IBM laptops with a HP multi-function printer, all set up and ready to go. We went through the program on the computers so everybody knew how to do the reporting. I'm glad we went.
                Jack Boczek, Chief
                Ashley Community Fire Protection District

FLATLANDERS FOREVER!

Comment

About how long was the class in Salem?

They told me to figure at least 8 hrs but also said it would depend on how quick everyone picked up on the software.

Comment

ncfpd1, we were done by 3-3:30. Some of us stayed over a bit though to learn how to bulk import 3rd party software data into the national database. There was also a good presentation on the Illinois Remembering When program at the beginning so that lengthened the day a bit. Didn't seem to be a problem of anyone picking up on how to use the program. Everyone that was at the training reports anyway so most were familiar and it went fairly quickly.

Chad
                    SFPD Member MABAS Division 47
                    Told my wife I'm at work. Told my boss I'm sick. I'm really at the fire station.
                    I.A.C.O.J.

Comment

I'm in the class right now, this very second. We are getting an IBM laptop with HP Officejet printer.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X