education grants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• education grants

I am wondering if anyone can help me out. I am looking at going back to school to get my Associates in Fire Science. Does anyone know if there are any grants out there or funding or something for firefighters? Any help would be appreciated.
    Lilyogi

yogi, the Illinois Firefighters' Association gives yearly grants to firefighters for school. Go to their website at www.illinoisfirefighters.org and click on the Nov/Dec 2006 News Bulletin for some more info.

Chad
    SFPD Member MABAS Division 47
    Told my wife I'm at work. Told my boss I'm sick. I'm really at the fire station.
    I.A.C.O.J.

Comment

Thanks Chad, I will check into it.
      Lilyogi

Comment

Yog-

I received a grant a few years ago while enrolled in the local fire science program. The coordinator literally came in to the classes begging for people to apply because no one was trying to get them... I applied and received $500 I believe. Being young and stupid with a new kid, it was rather nice to have that money for tuition, and I think it paid for my last semester towards my fire science degree.

Correction: Mine was not through IFA, might have been Illinois Chiefs. I'll have to dig and figure this out. I feel bad for not remembering, but it has been a while.
        "Share your knowledge - it's a way to achieve immortality." - Stolen from Chase Sargent's Buddy to Boss program

Comment

I got a 500 dollar one from IFCA. Depending on the school they might have fire science scholarships also.
          "Let's Roll." Todd Beamer 9/11 first soldier in the war on terror

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America. And to the republic for which it stands ONE NATION UNDER GOD indivisible,with liberty, and justice for all.

I.A.C.O.J. Probie and darn proud of it.

Comment

Some community colleges offer tuition waivers for certain programs. I got my tuition and books paid for when I went to EMT school because I was already a volunteer firefighter when I decided to become an EMT. They just didn't charge me tuition. Check with the college to see if they do anything like that.
            "Well behaved women rarely make history"

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
            Working...
            X