Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trainer
    replied
    Well Yog, with your dept that ought to be easy. First off a custom cab, high horsepower, top pump station, inclosed, stainless steel piping a must, large gated intake, get this done at the Mfg that way it does not restrict flow, and a 1500gpm pump a no brainer. Lots of portable water main, you never know, you might have to pump from the river. And what I think the biggest, think about service, do you want to go 40mi or 200mi or more. Will they come the same day? will they have a loaner? I hate to tell this to a newlywed but, if it's got t#$'s and tires soner or later you'll have problems. You can only hope it's an easy fix. Let's keep that money in Illinois.

Leave a comment:

• npfd801
    replied
    Yog-

I'll offer up any advice you need. Let me know what department you're with again, just in case you happen to be in my sales territory. If that's the case, I'll keep my mouth shut so as not to appear to be pushing you towards what I sell. I'm pretty confident you're south of my territory, but want to make sure.

I have some experiences with the purchase of our last two engines from the customer side of things that could help.

Let me know.

Leave a comment:

• firefighterox
    replied
    make sure any suction intakes are gated. we learned that one the hard way on our new tanker/pumper. Still havent gotten that corrected yet.

Leave a comment:

• lilyogi
    started a topic New rig input

New rig input

I am part of a planning committee for a new engine at work. I am looking for any pros and cons that you may have came across with your newer rigs. Please email me your input. Thanks

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X