Painting a Helmet???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painting a Helmet???

I was just wondering if it would be possible if i could paint my old helmet? would it eventually crack and chip off? and what kind of paint i would use? I was just going to paint it white for my dad to display in his office....

If it isn't going to be used again for the fire service, I don't see where you couldn't just repaint it for your Dad.
    Support your local volunteer fire department!!

Comment

Originally posted by blake1334
      I was just wondering if it would be possible if i could paint my old helmet? would it eventually crack and chip off? and what kind of paint i would use? I was just going to paint it white for my dad to display in his office....
      Well, if it's for Dad, then spend the money and buy him a white helmet.
      There's a risk of the paint running or orange peeling and that involves a lot of sanding and re-prepping. You'll get a nasty lung infection from breathing the particulates.
      Nope; you need to buy him one.
      CR
      Visit www.iacoj.com
      Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
      RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

Comment

alright looks like ill buy him one...thanks guys

Comment

you can paint it, but it takes alot of prepping, proper equipment and automotive grade paint like PPG or Dupont. For diplay purposes its fine to paint.

Comment

Yes you can paint it. And it's a must to use a top automotive paint. Have you priced it? It will be cheaper to buy a new helmet, aside from the labor involved.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
            Working...
            X