Thanksgiving.....already?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanksgiving.....already?

Wow how time does fly, just wanted to wish everyone a happy thanksgiving and stay safe if you are traveling. This year has really flown by, i mean just last week i put the christmas tree away now look i have to get it back out on Friday Mikey you on shift on turkey day? I am but all is good we are baking a ham injected with pineapple and i will be making on of my famous deep fried turkeys.....and no i won't burn down the station. Once again Happy Thanksgiving

This past month has flown!!! Just seemed like it was the 4th of July!!! I hope everyone has a safe and happy Thanksgiving! I am not on shift so I will be spending the holiday with my soon to be wife and my family. It is hard to believe that next sat. i will be married!!! Wow where does ones life go so fast?!?! Have a good one everyone!
    Lilyogi

Comment

During this holiday season we are reminded of our loved ones and all that we are thankful for.

Thanks to all of you. You are the reasons i love this job so much. I wish you all a safe and happy holiday season, may God bless you, your familes and those that you protect.
      "Some people train till they get it right, we will train till we can't get it wrong"

Is gaire cabhair de na an doras

Virtete et Valare Luceo Non Uro

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving to all of my Flatlander friends! Do we get invited to turkey dinner if we're honorary flatlanders?

Wow Darin, I can't believe your wedding is only a week away You're right, time flies! Hope you'll share your wedding pictures and memories with us over at the crusty site after the big event.
        September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
        IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
        Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

Darin:

Good luck and congratulations with your upcoming wedding!

Sincerely,

rfd599
          www.IllinoisFireStore.com

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone, and congrats to the guy gettin married.

Everyone stay safe and have fun
            Get busy livin, or get busy dyin. - Shawshank Redemption
            IACOJ

Comment

i will share the pictures with the crusties.....
              Lilyogi

Comment

Honeymoon too???? we could send it to WQAD pics of the day..

Comment

As a matter of fact..

I am working tomorrow. I am cooking. Nothing too fancy. I am off until noon, taking 5 hours comp time to play football. If I make it through that I will be thankful.... But on a serious note. It was great getting to meet up with so many of you last February. It was something we could all be proud of..... no matter if we were there in person or in spirit. New Babies ! The Cards winning the World Series was a highlight for many of you. Yes even when things aren't the best, we all have something to be thankful for.
                  IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Comment

Originally posted by efd824
                    Honeymoon too???? we could send it to WQAD pics of the day..
                    I doubt that!!!
                    Lilyogi

Comment

Originally posted by MIKEYLIKESIT
                      I am working tomorrow. I am cooking. Nothing too fancy. I am off until noon, taking 5 hours comp time to play football. If I make it through that I will be thankful.... But on a serious note. It was great getting to meet up with so many of you last February. It was something we could all be proud of..... no matter if we were there in person or in spirit. New Babies ! The Cards winning the World Series was a highlight for many of you. Yes even when things aren't the best, we all have something to be thankful for.
                      Mike .............thanks for keeping this day in persprective......I hope you all had a happy one. We did 8 for the day with 5-6 between 0000-0800.
                      IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
                      Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
                      ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
                      RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
                      LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
                      I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
                      "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
                      http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Comment

It was a pretty quiet Thanksgiving here. I fixed a small turkey to go along with mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, yams, broccoli/cauliflower/baby carrots in cheese sauce and for dessert, apple pie ala mode. Wifey took a nap. I got on my hog and rode to my sister's in Princeton. I almost cried when I discovered that she spent Thanksgiving by herself. She had invited us up earlier in the week, but I thought she was having a house full. Had I known...
                        Anyway, we visited for awhile, hugged when it was time to go and by the time I got home, the sun had gone down and I was FREEZING.
                        Next year, she will spend it here or we will go there. She will not be spending anymore holidays alone. She means too much to me.
                        Hope everyone had a great day.
                        CR
                        Visit www.iacoj.com
                        Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
                        RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

Comment

CR, what a nice bro you are!

My T-day was pretty good, probably ate too much just like everyone else. It was good to be with the family. It all to often seems like our lifes are to busy and everyone is always on the go. It is a good day to kick back, tell stories, and just be with the ones you love. I wish we could find the time to do that more often and not have to wait for the holidays to roll around to get eveyone together.

I also hope everyone had a great day and had the chance to be with the ones you love!

Comment

Only 9 runs almost all bull****...Which isn't necessarily bad thing on a holiday. We ate good I felt good after playing football in the morning. All in all, a nice day at work.
                            IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Comment

I wish i could say the same Mikey, we had a busy shift, ran all day and had 11 after midnight. We did get to eat but not before i let one of the guys start the grease for my turkey fryer, they assured me that they had measured the grease and when i put the turkey in she boiled over and we had a working grass fire...it was a hard fought battle but i won , we had 3 full arrests and everyone one of them hit the ED doors with a pulse and spon. resp, those are the calls that make you realize why you don't drive the rig into tree @ 80 mph.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X