The wind howls..............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The wind howls..............

And I think I just seen a tumbleweed blow down the forum.........
    MABAS Div. 45

Trade Fire Equipment & Firefighter Forum

The Southern Illinois Guide

Free Computer Help

Sell or buy Vehicles Here!

You saw that too? Looks kinda like a ghost town in here. I Wonder where everybody went........

Comment

Originally posted by tfpd109
      I Wonder where everybody went........
      Hunting maybe!
      It is deer season here in the flatlands.

Scared deer, stray bullets, and a few drunken hunters......it's job security!
      Proudly serving as Vice-President of the Illinois Delegation of the IACOJ

Comment

I work for a farmer and friday morning he chased a deer out of the field and a guy was walking along the fence row and saw it and once he realized he wasnt shooting towards the combine he shot at it (said he missed it but we later found out he had hit it when my boss started running it through the combine (nothing runs like a deere)) little did he know that if I could have been coming up that way with the tractor and grain cart so its a good thing I stayed where I was supposed to be. I appreciate them killing the deer though.
        "Let's Roll." Todd Beamer 9/11 first soldier in the war on terror

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America. And to the republic for which it stands ONE NATION UNDER GOD indivisible,with liberty, and justice for all.

I.A.C.O.J. Probie and darn proud of it.

Comment

Deer hunting in Cook County population 5.8 million.

I swear you could walk up to one. Pet it, then pull out a gun and shoot it. Way too many deer around here. I see Bambi DOA's almost daily. We have almost 90k acres of public forest space in Cook County. They need to close the Forest Preserves for a few days and let them thin out the herds. The meat could be used to feed the needy. The part of petting a wild deer is a true story. My buddy watched as people walked right up and pet it like it was a dog. Scary. Fleas, ticks, teeth, hooves...
          IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Comment

Deer are a menace to the driving public, but taste great in the form of sausage and the head looks good mounted on a nice piece of oak.
            The ag teacher from Galesburg hit one with the school van. She and her boys were going to judge a crop competition(???) and nailed a 16 point buck. Didn't harm a tyne on the rack and she is having it mounted for her office. They drug it a quarter mile to a farm. Guess they didn't have a phone or a friend with a pick up.
            Weird.
            CR
            Visit www.iacoj.com
            Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
            RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

Comment

Mikey, that idea wouldn't go any further in Cook County as it did in Ladue,MO (a suburb of St. Louis). My goodness did the animal lovers have a fit! They really should do something about them, though. Animal lovers think they should trap them or tranquilize them and take them out to the country to live happily ever after.

We scraped 4 young people off the highway just the other day after they swerved to miss one and ended up upside down. Took all 4 to St. Louis hospitals with some pretty nasty injuries. Everybody should do what I did a year ago - just hit it!
              Jack Boczek, Chief
              Ashley Community Fire Protection District

FLATLANDERS FOREVER!

Comment

I know the deer are pretty bad all over the state, but here around Champaign, not only are they bad, but they are living on the University of Illinois's property, so they are protected... Well, protected from bullets and arrows. lol. I have nailed a few in the past several years. The farmers hate them, the drivers hate them, same as the rest of the state. Oh well, me and my truck have done our part to help control the deer population.

Comment

If any of you have some land you need some deer exterminated from just let me know I'll be there in a half a jiffy

Back where I'm from in da nort' country they use the snow plow trucks to clean dead ones off the road, even in the summer (one of the three plow blades stays on the truck year-round). To stop and drag them all off the road would take too much time (or effort, from the county truck driver's point of view).

No luck for me yet this year...was hunting an earn-a-buck zone this past weekend and only saw bucks and fawns...such is life.

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by jboczek
                    Animal lovers think they should trap them or tranquilize them and take them out to the country to live happily ever after.
                    The best one I've heard is to feed them birth control pills...give me a break!

Andy

Comment

First off,if there are any animal lovers here please leave the room......Ok now that they are gone, Jack for that reason I have told my kids since they were 15, if an animal is in your path, brake, don't ever swerve. If you hit it so be it. There ain't no animal worth your life. About a 2 years ago my oldest called on her cell, on her way to work, and said she hit one. She though it was cool, couldn't wait to tell her friends. Cost me about a grand, but she was not hurt, gota love a cady. Mikey I seen that, drove from downtown to the airport on Ivrin park rd, some park on the way out, there it was a bunch of IDOTS feeding the deer. Funny thing is I bet there the first ones to bitch when they hit one with there beemer.

Comment

Rumors are here in Mt. Vernon the mayor wants to higher "professional archers" to come thin out the doe population in town. While I don't completely disagree with the concept of it, if you kill the ones that are here, more will just come back to take their place! Unfortunately its hard to get animals out of an area where they have been for however many years. I don't have a better idea than the one that's been brought up though! Unless he just pays us overtime to go shoot em!
                        DJ

IAFF L738
                        www.iafflocal738.org

IACOJ

Comment

Originally posted by trainer
                          She though it was cool
                          I have to agree, while the damage is no fun, and if nobody gets hurt, it is kinda cool when you hit them. I guess I have a sick mind

Comment

Originally posted by DjInferno
                            "higher" Unless he just pays us overtime to go shoot em!
                            Where'd you go to school? The word is "hire". You could use the overtime pay to re-educate yourself.

I hadn't heard of the mayor wanting to do that. Maybe your cousin could get a job. She's pretty good with the bow.
                            Jack Boczek, Chief
                            Ashley Community Fire Protection District

FLATLANDERS FOREVER!

Comment

Originally posted by jboczek
                              Where'd you go to school? The word is "hire". You could use the overtime pay to re-educate yourself.

I hadn't heard of the mayor wanting to do that. Maybe your cousin could get a job. She's pretty good with the bow.
                              OUCH! Chastised by dad on the world wide web
                              September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
                              IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
                              Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader