X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congratulations Erie FD

From the Quad City Times:
    Fire department named tops by agency

The Erie Fire Department has received the Fire Department of the Year Award by the Illinois Association of Mutual Insurance Companies.

The presentation was made to Fire Chief Jim Melton and volunteer firefighters during the organization’s 125th annual convention in Springfield.

The department was nominated by Forreston Mutual Insurance Co. for dedication and service as volunteers. The department, with 25 volunteers, is one of the largest in the state, covering 120 square miles.

Four firefighters and the main line pumper recently responded to the New Orleans area as part of the first call from the Illinois Emergency Management Agency. The volunteers spent two weeks helping clean debris, work standby duty and door-to-door rescue and recovery in St. Bernard Parish.

Other activities of the department include presenting Operation It’s Your Choice, a program on the importance of seatbelt usage and refraining from drinking and driving, and Operation Child Find, a program to fingerprint and identify children in local schools.

To raise money for equipment, the department hosts a breakfast fundraiser and sponsors a fishing tournament and golf outing.
    Way to go, Erie FD.
    CR
    Visit www.iacoj.com
    Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
    RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

Yes, way to go!
    Jack Boczek, Chief
    Ashley Community Fire Protection District

FLATLANDERS FOREVER!

Comment

Congrats to my former vol. dept. I had heard about this before i left. I guess someone from the community submitted the nomination.
      Lilyogi

Comment

Sweeeeeet

*scratches head* I thought the name sounded familiar when I read this earlier ... I was like "don't we know someone at this department??"

My excuse is that it was really early this morning!!! REALLY early.
        September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
        IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
        Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

Congrats Erie!!!

Comment

Cool!

Congrats!
            An education is only wasted when the taught individual chooses not to recognize the value of the lesson.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
            Working...
            X