Testing Rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Testing Rules

Just a question for all of you guys out there. I work for a department that recently tested. Here is the breakdown...

33 People took out applications
    23 went to orientation
    18 could take the written due to age limitations
    16 took the written
    8 passed the written
    7 passed the physical agility

Because of the low pass rate (highest passing score was a 75, 70 was passing), the commissioners and chief decided to look over the test, and threw out 9 questions, allowing 7 of the 8 people back in after the iniatial 8 had taken the agility test and were schedualed for interviews. is this legal to change the score so more people pass after the test was already completed? Just courious.

Wow, are those numbers real? because I have yet to test in a department with no less than 250 people. And yes I believe that is ok, generally if a large percentage of people miss a question it is usually considered a bad question and thrown out. At least thats how its always been in my schooling experience.

Comment

Can we ask what department this happened with? I like everyone would think that there would be more people testing. With that little people testing they must test every year or something. Tell us more please like is there going to be 2 lists or can anyone pass the orignal people that passed like if someone has military points? If I were one of those guys that passed originally and then was passed over by someone who failed originally I think I would be a bit upset. Your question about the legality I can't answer but it sure doesn't sound ethical. Well good luck with your test and think of it this way after this move if there is enough sour people you shouldn't have a lot of compitition when they test again because if I was still testing I would not test there.

Comment

Sounds like lincolshires test

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
        Working...