Afg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Afg

has anyone heard if they are recieving a grant??? Was informed last night at our annual drawdown that we recieved our '06 grant for a saw along the lines of a k-12 but not quite the same and a air bag set. we are also probably gonna clear about 10 or 11K which is down a little from last years of 14K
    "Let's Roll." Todd Beamer 9/11 first soldier in the war on terror

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America. And to the republic for which it stands ONE NATION UNDER GOD indivisible,with liberty, and justice for all.

I.A.C.O.J. Probie and darn proud of it.

firefighterox,

I believe someone misinterpretted some info in regards to the '06 award. To date no awards for '06 have been given out, nor have any additional supplemental awards for '05 since August 11th.

What I think is happening is your department may have recieved some of the indicators that lead to an award, such as a reference to the '06 award in the 1199A or if you are a first time awardee an "Update 1199A" in the drop down menu of the '06 application. If your department has recieved the q's this is another indicator. These are very promising indicators to a future award, but it's not official until the award letter is recieved.

Comment

It was stated that our treasurer recieved and email stating we will have won the award, not sure what exactly that entails. this will make awards 3 out of the 4 years we have applied.

Originally posted by onebugle
      firefighterox,

I believe someone misinterpretted some info in regards to the '06 award. To date no awards for '06 have been given out, nor have any additional supplemental awards for '05 since August 11th.

What I think is happening is your department may have recieved some of the indicators that lead to an award, such as a reference to the '06 award in the 1199A or if you are a first time awardee an "Update 1199A" in the drop down menu of the '06 application. If your department has recieved the q's this is another indicator. These are very promising indicators to a future award, but it's not official until the award letter is recieved.

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America. And to the republic for which it stands ONE NATION UNDER GOD indivisible,with liberty, and justice for all.

Comment

Since there are no awards for '06 on the AFG website, what I believe (based on your 2 postings) is the treasurer has recieved an e-mail with the 10 q's. If the treasurer has been involved with your prior 2 awards, they know from past experience getting the q's = an award. That is not a guarantee (some never recieved an award though they recieved the q's), but it is an excellent sign.

In any case it looks like your department is heading in the right direction. Good Luck.

Comment

We have received an 1199A update and our 10 questions for our 2006 grant.

$44,000 for head-to-toe turnout gear and a washer/extractor

Comment

congrats k3. any idea who you might go with for your bunker gears? globe, Lion? we have PBI isodry and its really nice, warm on the cold winter calls, good thermal protection. Its nice gear and it wasnt even the "cadillac" of gear but it was close. Congrats again.

Comment

FFOx:

I know at least one more of your neighbors is going to receive a grant, but the chief wants it hush, hush until it is released. So that is some more good news for northern Illinois.

rfd599
              www.IllinoisFireStore.com

Comment

Its nice to see the small depts getting what they need, some say that its not fair because larger depts dont get any of the grants but its just hard i think for the peer reviewers to put a grant through for a larger dept because typically their tax base is much larger. Is it fair? not really but i guess its just the way the world turns. Nick, do you know what they applied for?

Comment

FFOX:

EMS Gear-Head to Toe and an Exhaust Removal System.

rfd599

Comment

Originally posted by rfd599
                    FFOX:

EMS Gear-Head to Toe and an Exhaust Removal System.

rfd599
                    Will you get getting that business or are you not sure? By the way I would like to thank you and the rest of the crew at the Illinois Fire Store for you donation to the drawdown. It was greatly appreciated. I was jealous of the person that got one of those flashlights though, we had a bunch of guys fighting over who wanted it more. But oh well. It will be interesting to see just how much we made this year, hopefully we will find out tonight at our meeting but i dont know. Thanks again Nick.

Comment

FFOx:

We definitely will put a bid together for their project and hope for the best. I would like to thank you and the Ohio F.P.D. for your continued business. Stay safe and let me know if you need anything.

rfd599

Comment

You should definetly be looking for a request for a quote on a airbag system and a saw, its like a k-12 but it has like a "wild hog" blade or something. I think lamoille or amboy has one like it. I'll be rooting for you go get the bid. You guys have become my favorite store or all time. You guys have a great selection at a great price. Cya later and stay safe at work.

Comment

Originally posted by firefighterox
                          congrats k3. any idea who you might go with for your bunker gears? globe, Lion? we have PBI isodry and its really nice, warm on the cold winter calls, good thermal protection. Its nice gear and it wasnt even the "cadillac" of gear but it was close. Congrats again.

We plan on evaluating all lines of gear. We do not have a decision made.

Comment

FFOx:

Thank you for the vote of confidence! We try to stand by our motto "Firefighters Serving Firefighters" and offer pricing and service that sets us apart from our competitors.

K3: I am going to be visiting your department on October 3rd. Are you going to be at that demonstration?

rfd599

Comment

I would like to give my two cents in regards to brands of gear. I have had the chance to wear a few different brands. I would have to say my favorite at this point is Cairnes Reaxation, it is very comfortable to wear, cool in warm weather, warm in cool weather. It fits great, and has very little restriction with movement. I would highly recommend trying this gear and see for yourself.
                              Lilyogi

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X