Polaris Ranger Utility vehicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polaris Ranger Utility vehicles

Hello, got this web forum from a friend. I work for a Polaris dealer in Orion Illinois and we sell Polaris Rangers. He told me about this because we sold them a Ranger and they set up for fighting grass fires and so forth. I know Colona Ill fire also has one set up. Would be interested in dealing with other departments that would like to get one. We have a full service department and parts also. We have a demo that we can show and let you use for a day or so to see if it would work out for you. Wont be available next week(Aug. 9th thru 13th) as Leclaire Iowa fire Dept will be using it at the Tug Fest that weekend. If you have any questions please email me at [email protected] and I can get you some more info. Are there any others that use this vehicle? Thanks for your time and stay safe.

we use john deere gators and have for the last 10 years......the polaris is prolly good but the center of gravity is awful high on those, when ya carry 50 gallons of water like we do it can get kind of hairy with ahigh center of gravity.....many say there is more ground clearance on the polaris...but if you look under it the rear axle is close to the ground on them also.

we have a total of 3 gators and take them mutual aid to many area departments because there is maybe 1 or 2 other depts in our area with them

by the way....if ya wanna come here to try and sell some thing atleast take the effort to register
    MABAS Div. 45

Trade Fire Equipment & Firefighter Forum

The Southern Illinois Guide

Free Computer Help

Sell or buy Vehicles Here!

Comment

We have a Ranger 6x6 in Erie and it has 80 gal. of water. We have been over all kinds of terrain with it and have never felt like we were going to tip. It has been the best addition we have made to our line of apparatus in years. It has so many uses. It has been through way more than what our current brush truck has or will go through. It is in stoppable. I will take on any gator or mule any day. Stay safe
      Lilyogi

Comment

lilyogi, on our gator at our station we fabricated a nice steel bumper...I mean heavy duty...I dunno if the polaris has a place you could mount one or not...but let me tell ya it will mow down trees up to about 6 inch trunks.

makes it nice when you get in those wooded areas where there are no paths or clearings

and to echo your comment I agree mule or gator no matter which your preference is it is a super addition to any dept who runs any brish fires, we tow the gators on a trailer with our brush trucks but we rarely use the brush trucks for more than that anymore
        MABAS Div. 45

Trade Fire Equipment & Firefighter Forum

The Southern Illinois Guide

Free Computer Help

Sell or buy Vehicles Here!

Comment

Sorry thought we had signed up. Was just looking around and was wondering about this. Just thought we would let others know theres a dealer out there that would be willing to help anyone out that has these. Sorry didnt mean to offend anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Triplee
            Sorry thought we had signed up. Was just looking around and was wondering about this. Just thought we would let others know theres a dealer out there that would be willing to help anyone out that has these. Sorry didnt mean to offend anyone.
            Don't worry EEE, no one offended. It's just a ford/chevy thing. I think the farmers like the green paint. I like the polaris because it's faster and in my opion it will go through more s--t than anything else, use to have polaris sleds.BTW we are having a fire school Aug 26 at Galesburg, use to get a demo from Anderson,s to shuttle drinking water and other things around the site, but they have closed. Could you bring one up for us to use? Will stop and talk to Stan next week. Will be a MTD and maybe a gator there also. Everyone can come on down and compair

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
            Working...
            X