Mt. Vernon Testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mt. Vernon Testing

The fire and police commission of the City of Mt. Vernon is seeking qualified applicants for the position of firefighter.

Starting salary is approx. $38,000 per year including holiday pay) with excellent benefit package. An informational sheet that outlines the position, salary, benefits and testing date and time is included in the application package. Applicants must have a high school diploma or equivalent and be between be between 21 and 35.

Applications packets may be picked up at the Mt. Vernon Fire department, 714 S 42nd, Mt. Vernon IL and must be returned to the same address or postmarked no later than August 19, 2006. Applications will be mailed to applicants by calling (618) 242-6880 for those who reside outside Jefferson county.

That's straight from the newspaper! Any questions, call 618-242-6880, or ask, I can probably help!
    DJ

IAFF L738
    www.iafflocal738.org

IACOJ

DJ:

I have a couple of buddies testing all over, do you know if Mt. Vernon is going to be hiring or just establishing a list in case somebody retires. Also, how many guys are on the job in Mt. Vernon?

Thanks,

rfd599
    www.IllinoisFireStore.com

Comment

Can't swear to it, but I would say we will be hiring off this list...

We have 27 guys on shift
      DJ

IAFF L738
      www.iafflocal738.org

IACOJ

Comment

DJ:

Thanks for the info, I will pass it on.

rfd599
        www.IllinoisFireStore.com

Comment

What is the pay scale for you guys?