Possible hiring in Woodstock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible hiring in Woodstock

I know that Woodstock is currently hiring volunteers, not too sure about full-timers yet.

A friend of mine is on Woodstock fulltime. From what I was told by him was that they are going to hire 3 more fulltimers in January which will exhaust the current list (just hired 9 a month ago and just hired 3 in Dec and then I believe 4 like a month earlier) then possibly 3 - 6 off the new list. The chief is very pro manpower and a couple of years ago when they went for a referendum stuck his neck out by publicly admitting they were undermanned. All I hear from my buddy is good things now and more good things planned for later. If you have any questions stop by the station and talk to the guys.

Comment

Originally posted by CableguyFF
      I know that Woodstock is currently hiring volunteers, not too sure about full-timers yet.
      Just curious, How do you "hire" a VOLUNTEER?
      WEST SIDE BEST SIDE

www.chicagobomberos.com

Comment

Originally posted by Truck32
        You offer them a position on the fire department. If they don't cut the mustard, you fire them.

Most "volunteer" departments in Illinios are actually POC.

The Department of Labor does not distinguish between career, paid, volunteer, schlepp, or whatever other name you want you use. IDOL calls them, "Employees."
        Omnis Cedo Domus

www.hinckleyfd.org

Comment

Originally posted by Truck32
          I didn't know if there was such a thing just thought I would try to spread the word.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
          Working...
          X