Present and Accounted For!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Present and Accounted For!

Traffic in the Illinois threads has slowed to a crawl.
    Who's out there lurking?
    ChiefReason here.
    Sweatin' to the Nineties!
    CR
    Visit www.iacoj.com
    Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
    RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

Illinios?

How did I get in here?

I must've taken a wrong turn at Albuquerque.
    Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

Comment

Too.... hot..... to....... type.....CR. Went to Holiday World in Indiana Saturday and the first thing I told one of our "newbie" Lt's was to call plenty of mutual aid right out of the door if we have a call because it's way too hot to go at it alone. Fortunately we didn't have anything. Supposed to be close to 100 here Wednesday.

Chad
      SFPD Member MABAS Division 47
      Told my wife I'm at work. Told my boss I'm sick. I'm really at the fire station.
      I.A.C.O.J.

Comment

All I can say is Water Fights anyone??? Stay safe and cool.

Comment

I am here! Been busy and have not taken time to post much lately.
          It's a good afternoon to work in the home office because it's hotter than [email protected] out there. If this heat keeps up and we don't get any rain we may have to change our names from flatlanders to wastelanders.

Watch the heat and take care everyone.
          Proudly serving as Vice-President of the Illinois Delegation of the IACOJ

Comment

CR, you're up north - near the north pole, right? It's "cooler" there than down south.
            Like Chad said, near 100 all week down here.
            And for the record, I've contributed a few times the last couple weeks.

Chad, you're giving the orders now?
            Jack Boczek, Chief
            Ashley Community Fire Protection District

FLATLANDERS FOREVER!

Comment

Originally posted by jboczek
              CR, you're up north - near the north pole, right? It's "cooler" there than down south.
              Like Chad said, near 100 all week down here.
              And for the record, I've contributed a few times the last couple weeks.

Get on him, Jack.
              Tell him to quit acting like a Canadien.
              CR
              Visit www.iacoj.com

Comment

Hello flatlander friends ...

Originally posted by ChiefReason
                Get on him, Jack.
                Tell him to quit acting like a Canadien. CR

CR, I'm glad you qualified that by refering to the French portion of our citizenry by spelling Canadian "Canadien"! Otherwise I might take it as an insult HAHAHA

Hope you're all having a great summer!

Jack ... long time no talk!

Marty, If you ended up in Illinois by taking a wrong turn at Albuquerque, you're in bigger trouble than you think hehehe
                Attached Files
                September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
                IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
                Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

Ya I'm here, gota allot of s34t on my plate. Starting work at 5am and guiting at 1pm, trying to buy a dozer, looks like I'll be headed to Popular Bluff Mo, Jack I'll honk as I get close. Working on the last dept in the county to join MABAS, some people are just stupid, plus the new dues are due, everyone got that figured out? And last but not least, I'm working on Fall fire school.

Comment

Jack & CR, somebody has to!! Chief was out of town on vacation and Asst. Chief was gone for weekend camping. Two other Capts. above me weren't available either. We were kinda short on officers.

We're about to get a big thunderstorm. That will sure make it nice. Nothing like 90+ degrees and about 200% humidity!

Chad
                    SFPD Member MABAS Division 47
                    Told my wife I'm at work. Told my boss I'm sick. I'm really at the fire station.
                    I.A.C.O.J.

Comment

I was a little busy on Sunday . . .

Posted Online: July 17, 2006

Chlorine leak
                      33 taken to local hospitals following Sunday incident

By Mike Lyons

[email protected]

815-937-3377

Over 900 people seeking relief from torrid temperatures at Kankakee's Splash Valley Aquatic Center were evacuated Sunday evening when chlorine fumes drifted across the popular water recreation facility.

Some 33 people were rushed to city hospitals complaining of breathing difficulties, but all were treated and then released, said Kankakee Fire Chief Ron Young.

Alarmed by the telltale bleachlike stench, park personnel alerted the Kankakee Fire Department shortly before 6 p.m., said Young.

"There was the smell of chlorine, which smells like bleach in the air," Young said of the situation which greeted his fire/rescue teams upon arrival.

"All the patrons were gathered in the northwest corner of the park. They wanted to prepare for an evacuation so they gathered them there, an area that would have been out of the wind," said Young.

Young said his fire teams triggered alarms which brought up to a dozen extra ambulances to the scene. A countywide hazardous materials team was activated as well.

Fire teams donned breathing gear and entered a building containing stored chemicals, but no leaks were detected.

Daily Journal reporter Lee Provost, attending with his family, said the food court was closed around 2:30 to 3 p.m. and the lap pool was closed around 3 p.m. due to cloudy water that made it difficult for park personnel to monitor swimmers.

It was unclear today if those occurrences were related to the apparent chlorine incident.

Kankakee Valley Park District Board President Derek Denoyer said a defective pump is being eyed as the possible cause of the leak.

"It's speculative right now that we had a short in one of our pumps (and) that's being investigated this morning by our staff," Denoyer said.

He said it is possible Splash Valley may reopen today, but "we're going to keep the water park closed until we know 100 percent what's going on."

Fire/rescue teams were able to leave the scene by 7:30 p.m., said Young, lauding the performance of emergency responders.

"I'm more than satisfied with the way it went," Young said.

"I think the firefighters and the officers as well as the hazmat team and other responding units did a great job. Training pays off."

Comment

Been busy. FORE!!

"I shoulda yelled TWO!!"
                        Attached Files
                        Omnis Cedo Domus

www.hinckleyfd.org

Comment

Too hot...tones wont stop ringing...not enough brain cells left to function...

Comment

Originally posted by jaybird210
                            Been busy. FORE!!

"I shoulda yelled TWO!!"
                            Too cool, Jay.
                            Got anything from Happy Gilmore?
                            "I shoulda yelled two"! Two funny.
                            You get a bowl a soup with a hat like that?
                            Oh; Jay. Wifey shot a 49 on the back nine last Friday.
                            Her best score for nine to date. We celebrated.
                            CR
                            Visit www.iacoj.com

Comment

still reading and checking in now and again.
                              Training does not make perfect. Training makes permanent!

IACOJ probie

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X