Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact sales@firehouse.com
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Mabas Deploys to Katrina!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mabas Deploys to Katrina!

Mabas Division 47 (and I believe several others) have been activated. Salem is sending and Engine, a pickup. This will be staffed by two firefighters from Centralia, two from Salem and one from Odin. They are scheduled to meet in Effingham at Noon on Monday.

We plan to update our MABAS47.org website with as much public info as possible.

Steve Murphy
    Salem
    www.salemfire.org
    www.mabas47.org
    Steve Murphy
    Safety Captain
    Salem Fire District
    Salem IL

Yes the call came from red center yesterday. They want 1 engine with 1 officier and 4 FF and 8 additional FF from each Div. 14 day deployment, need to bring your own food and water full gear with SCBA. Div 31 is sending a few, noy bad with less than 10hrs notice. Radio sure was busy last night. Hard to get vol's to go 1000 miles away on short notice on a holiday weekend where they can't notifi there work place. I know I could get more guy's after tommrow. For those of you that are going ...be safe...and let the boy's back at the station know whats going on.

Comment

We had 4 guys from Erie leave this AM with an engine.
      In the picture Left to Right - Firefighter/EMT Scott Miner, Firefighter/Paramedic Chad Miner, Cordova Firefighter Lewis Sebert III, Firefighter Jamie Melton and Captain Scott Melton
      We pray for a safe trip and a safe return!
      Attached Files
      Lilyogi

Comment

Division 7 of Kankakee County was called up yesterday. They're supposed to leave this morning. They requested a squad, two engines, two chiefs, and our engine. We didn't send the Engine, but our Deputy Chief went. Wish everyone the best of luck down there! Be safe.

Has anyone heard any news about sending another team after this first two weeks is over?

Comment

Mabas 32

Mabas 32 (St. Clair Co & Monroe Co) is activated and enroute to staging area in Southern IL . East Side FD, North West FD, Freeburg FD have FF's going, there are other's going but not sure what depts. Be safe all...

Stay Safe
          Last edited by Crisb1419; 09-05-2005, 12:33 PM.
          FF/Instructor
          "Train as you life depends on it, IT DOES!!"
          IACOJ
          MABAS 32

Comment

Tampico

Tampico sent Firefighter Bruce Anderson with the Mabas 33 guys. (This is lilyogis group) I desperately wanted to go, but I am starting my full time job in less than a month. And I anm moving in a little over two weeks. It is just too close to go. I cant leave my wife to pack the house all alone. My thoughts and prayers are with all of the brave men and women who are answering the call. May God bless them and may he watch over them and may he grant them success in the mission and give them safe return. God Bless you guys.
            To those whom much has been given, much shall be required.
            Chickens don't really exist....they are actually eggs with legs!

Comment

My thoughts and prayers are with all who are going. May God keep you safe while performing your duties and may He see to it that you return safely to your loved ones.
              To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world.

IACOJ-WOT proud

GO WHITE SOX!!!!!

Comment

Division 8 sent a number of folks, I believe Cherry Valley sent an engine, we sent a 4wd squad (they really wanted 4x4 stuff), Rockton sent equipment and personnel, and I know some Rockford folks were supposed to be heading down with our guys.

They say there will be another deployment in two weeks, and more in two week cycles, but I don't know what to think.

Good to see Illinois has provided what looks like a good response. I know we had a lot more guys on my department sign up to go than were allowed to.
                "Share your knowledge - it's a way to achieve immortality." - Stolen from Chase Sargent's Buddy to Boss program

Comment

I just talked to my guys at 10:30am, they said they are almost to Effingham, they said the number of apparatus they have seen is unbelievable! They are going to call me when they know where they will be going.
                  Lilyogi

Comment

More info

We heard that is should be round 1 of a few rounds, The turn around is 14 to 18 days. So you may see the next cycle come in that time frame. Just talked to some guys heading south, they are meeting up in Marion IL and from there it sounds like Atlanta GA is where they are headed. I will try and keep info going on forums as much as I can. Stay Safe
                    Last edited by Crisb1419; 09-05-2005, 12:53 PM.
                    FF/Instructor
                    IACOJ
                    MABAS 32

Comment

Division 21 sent somes guys and equiptment down mostly the fulltimers. I was told the POC's were going after they came back so, Ill be heading down also....

Comment

Div 6 sent 15 dudes/dude-etes and a couple rigs; I know Div 13 and Div 2 are also en rotue....
                        Omnis Cedo Domus

www.hinckleyfd.org

Comment

Originally posted by lilyogi
                          I just talked to my guys at 10:30am, they said they are almost to Effingham, they said the number of apparatus they have seen is unbelievable! They are going to call me when they know where they will be going.
                          That convoy would be a site to see! At least its all going for good use. I put my name in for the next round if they need additional teams. Sounds like they're gonna need a lot more.

Comment

Next Round

I am in on the next round, would of gone this time but have to go to Baltimore on Wed for a training seminar. It's good to see IL helping out down there. Stay Safe
                            FF/Instructor
                            IACOJ
                            MABAS 32

Comment

Convoy passes Salem

We have Pics on our www.MABAS47.org web site of the SEVEN convoys that passed by Salem this afternoon. The first convoy passed Salem at about 1:00pm, the last convoy passed at about 3:34pm.
                              Last edited by Smurph; 09-05-2005, 07:13 PM.
                              Steve Murphy
                              Safety Captain
                              Salem Fire District
                              Salem IL

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

300x600 Forums Only

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Upper 300x250