Clear All

• pcfdcap1
    replied
    My spotters say WHEW, that'd leave a mark

Leave a comment:

• ChiefReason
    replied
    80FIRE wrote:
    Just remember not to take refuge under a natural gas pipeline during a thunderstorm.
    80:
    I am going to pass that along to our weather spotters. That is sound advice in any case.
    I'll probably add it to our company's safety training program as well.
    Hey; where's everyone been lately?
    CR

Leave a comment:

• SCSESATech
    replied
    fire streams
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• SCSESATech
    replied
    Here is a closer shot I took.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• 80FIRE
    replied
    It is the season for weiner roasts and hay rack rides. Its going to take a VERY long stick with that big of fire.

On a more serious note...nice to hear there was no injuries and minimal damage. Just remember not to take refuge under a natural gas pipeline during a thunderstorm

Leave a comment:

• Weruj1
    replied
    and then down .........and then back up...........and then down ..........and then back up

Leave a comment:

• pcfdcap1
    replied
    Yeah, and all that's left is for the price of propane to go up

Leave a comment:

• jboczek
    replied
    Ok, so now this is old news. They got the line shut off, the fire went out and they closed the terminal for probably 2 days until they can get things cleaned up. Nobody got hurt, they claim no disruption in product availability as they have other terminals in the area. Another good job done by the fire service.

Leave a comment:

• jboczek
    replied
    Here's a shot from downtown St. Louis, probably about 3 - 4 miles away.
    We just did the IFSI class on this, didn't we? Let me at it, let me at it!

Leave a comment:

• jboczek
    replied
    No, just plain old God given lightning. Here's a pic I stole from KTVI, St. Louis.

Leave a comment:

• jaybird210
    replied
    Yeow, what are the odds of that? Jack, this wasn't a terrorist lightening bolt, was it?

Leave a comment:

• jboczek
    started a topic Breaking News -pipeline Explosion

Breaking News -pipeline Explosion

LIGHTNING APPARENTLY STRUCK A PHILLIPS PETROLEUM PROPANE PIPELINE AT ITS FACILITY IN CAHOKIA. The fire started about 6:30 AM when lightning struck an above ground valve structure at its facility near Route 3. No tanks were involved, although several other smaller fires are burning around the actual pipeline rupture. No injuries have been reported as crews from numerous area departments are cooling storage tanks and extinguishing grass fires. Conoco/Phillips workers are shutting off the pipeline and will let it burn itself out.

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X