X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• npfd801
    replied
    I inquired with the OSFM regarding this, and here is the answer I received:

There is not a minimum hours listed in the rules for Firefighter II. We base our certification on competency not hours. The average of hours for Firefighter II is around 200.

Leave a comment:

• Pelican631
    replied
    I could have sworn that when I was looking this up a year ago, I found reference to the 240 hour requirement on the OSFM website. Tried to find it tonight and couldn't come up with it. Maybe they've removed/changed it? I'm just finishing up FFII in an online hybrid class put on by the Morton Fire Department, and it was geared for 240 hours of instruction. The self-study and online chat sessions (classroom replacement) counted towards the hours because they could be documented through the website they've set up. That made it nice because the only travel requirements were for the practicals instead of two or three times a week for evening classes.

Leave a comment:

• npfd801
    replied
    We use it with our recruits to teach two things - how not to panic when you're entangled and can't see what's got you, and how to get yourself out. We allow our guys to cut their way out.

Like much of what we do, we make the training so much more that what we'll likely encounter in a real fire, that when it happens for real it doesn't seem that bad.

Leave a comment:

• Mangles
    replied
    Entanglement

What is that entanglement drill trying to prove- what a waste of time. I've been through a similar obstacle, and guess what; I got entangled. I learned nothing from it except not to crawl under a FusterCluck of wires.

Leave a comment:

• npfd801
    replied
    Holy old thread Batman, I know.

What's the scoop on this? I'm finding hours for FFII in Illinois ranging from 100 hours for the online version to 280 hours.

Is there still no "minimum" if you can document that all practicals were completed, and all lectures performed?

Exhumed this one from six feet under, huh?

Leave a comment:

• Weruj1
    replied
    LOL.........................and then there is that !

Leave a comment:

• ChiefReason
    replied
    Geez;
    Why don't you just throw them in a big aquarium with piranhas and man-o-wars?
    Then tie a chicken around their neck and let 'em play with the alligators.
    Seriously; is that all you got?
    That's a playground.
    Why, when I was your age..........
    CR

Leave a comment:

• trainer
    replied
    Jay, thats just EVIL!

Leave a comment:

• jaybird210
    replied
    Streamlight my arse; more like, SNAGlight.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• jaybird210
    replied
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• jaybird210
    replied
    In my supreme arrogance, I actually think youse guys would want to see some pics from the practicals.

These are entanglement hazards.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Weruj1
    replied
    WOW !!!!!!!!!! In Ohio you can take FFII in 2 ways .........one take the initial 36 hour class (that will sone be changed to 84 I think) then you can take the remaing session to accumulate 240 hours of training or take the basic class and go on to 240, now that is done @ the academy also I believe no matter what class you have to spen X amount of hours doing X amount of lecture and skills.......oh .....sorry .........no one really asked what we do in Ohio ........

Leave a comment:

• trainer
    replied
    FF II

Jay , heres what i can remenber,for cert coarse you need ifsi's okey dokey also need site approval, and as long as you meet the objectives as outlined in the "blue book" no set hrs,except hazmat.

Leave a comment:

• ChiefReason
    replied
    VC:
    Need I remind you that YOU were in 4H; I wasn't.
    While I was out chasing girls, it was YOU who were chasing the sheep.
    If you're going to tell the story, get it right and always credit your sources!
    CR

Leave a comment:

• VCFPD3
    replied
    CR please clarify something for me!

That's when men were men and women were glad of it?

Is that what you ment to say or was it " That's when men were men and sheep were scared."

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X