Clear All

• Weruj1
    replied
    WOW ! bump................

Leave a comment:

• jboczek
    replied
    Originally posted by DjInferno View Post
    Jefferson Fire Protection District (rural department near Mt. Vernon) had a big field fire yesterday, burned a little over 200 acres I believe. We ended up sending a few guys and a couple trucks. I got lucky, I only got called in to stand by while they were out! That sure beat luggin a backpack around a field in 100 degree weather.
    Good thing they're not in MABAS. We might have gotten to go help, too.

Leave a comment:

• ChiefReason
    replied
    The Rock River at Joslin is due to crest above flood stage AGAIN.
    Yogi; that Erie FD golf tournament still on?
    Should we bring sandbags and flotation devices?
    CR

Leave a comment:

• k3twpfire
    replied
    We ended up with 38 runs on my shift, including some heavy damage in a trailer park. Mostly fire alarms, lots of wires down, and a couple of trees into houses. We also transported 2 patients including one who was hit in the chest with debris (minor injuries).

Leave a comment:

• DjInferno
    replied
    Jefferson Fire Protection District (rural department near Mt. Vernon) had a big field fire yesterday, burned a little over 200 acres I believe. We ended up sending a few guys and a couple trucks. I got lucky, I only got called in to stand by while they were out! That sure beat luggin a backpack around a field in 100 degree weather.

Leave a comment:

• MIKEYLIKESIT
    replied
    Look out Toto

I thought I was in Kansas for a while today. 21 runs (so far) nothing too serious.

Leave a comment:

• ChiefReason
    replied
    Originally posted by MIKEYLIKESIT View Post
    NICE WEATHER !
    Galesburg is on my way home from work and when I got there, there were two semis lying on their sides and the country club next to the interstate had trees down all over the place. I heard that they had straight lines clocked at 100 mph.
    Monmouth also got hit pretty hard. I saw that a grain elevator got blown over there.
    We have been getting hit with storms since yesterday evening. I think we've had over six inches of rain in the last week alone.
    Many of you might reminder big Max from Matt's benefit. I thought he was from Findlay, OH. And they are under water.
    Max; you lurking?
    CR

Leave a comment:

• RspctFrmCalgary
    replied
    Mikey's unspoken message

Originally posted by MIKEYLIKESIT View Post
    NICE WEATHER !
    ...... NOT!!!!

http://forums.firehouse.com/showthre...d=1#post854294

I just posted an article about the nasty weather in the Midwest on the Ohio Rains thread.

YOU ALL STAY SAFE OUT THERE!!

Leave a comment:

• MIKEYLIKESIT
    replied
    NICE WEATHER !

Leave a comment:

• RspctFrmCalgary
    replied
    Well now that kinda works out all way 'round! Things are really coming together for you.

I don't think you should have to apply for flatlander status!

Leave a comment:

• lilyogi
    replied
    I will continue working for the fire dept. i work for, i am actually going to be 15 min from work versus the 40 min i was before. I will be stepping down from the volunteer dept in Erie, they have been trying to get me to stay in town but that is not going to happen. My fiancee currently lives in Bettendorf Ia and wants to stay in Bettendorf so she doesn't have to have her son change schools. I agreed after some lengthly discussions to move to bettendorf. It is a really nice city, everything is close. We found the perfect house, we will not have to do anything to it as everything has been done already. They do have a combination paid/volunteer Fire dept, I am not sure if I will try to join or not. I will be applying for membership to the flatlanders and would love to host a get together sometime at the new house. Believe it or not there is a bar in the basement! ha ha I will keep everyone posted as this month will probably go fast. Take care and stay safe

Leave a comment:

• jboczek
    replied
    Yogi, you realize that once you move to Iowa you may have to apply for membership to the flatlanders, don't you? Of course we could, by unanimous consent, just keep you anyway.
    Congrats on the sale and purchase. That was quick on both ends. Sometimes things just work out the way you hope they would.
    What ARE you going to be doing in Iowa?

Leave a comment:

• RspctFrmCalgary
    replied
    Wow, that was fast! Great news!

So are you going to be working for the fire department where you're moving to? Or is there a volunteer department you can join?

Leave a comment:

• lilyogi
    replied
    Well, just thought I would update everyone. I have sold my house, actually without even listing it! We found the perfect house and made an offer yesterday and they accepted!! We are shooting for closing on Aug. 25th!!! I have a lot to do before then! Time to start boxing everything up. Hopefully all this high temps will be gone in time for moving day. I am looking forward to getting in the new house and starting the next chapter in my life.

I hope everyone stays safe and cool!! Later Lilyogi

Leave a comment:

• jaybird210
    replied
    We went to Sycamore last night for 3 houses under construction, fully involved. (They wanted the truck, but of course, it's OOS). I didn't have to go, but, while I hate to get up in the middle of the night, I'd rather it was then and not at about 4:00 this afternoon......

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X