Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trainer
    replied
    Jay, close to the .30? A referndum going to be a tough sell sittin in that new station. Our fire has a cap of .30 and the ambulance has one of .25 that gives us .55 we were at .13 fire and .09 ambulance.

Leave a comment:

• jboczek
    replied
    We've had the hearings before tax caps went in. Nobody showed up except the trustees. I think you'll find this to be the case most of the time.

Leave a comment:

• jaybird210
    replied
    Wish we could do that. Instead, it's referndum-city for us.

Oh, tax caps were such a great idea.

Leave a comment:

• trainer
    replied
    Well, let's sidetrack this thread some more. Anyone out there had a Truth in taxation meeting before? Our's is in December. Looks like a 30% increse in our budget. I can see that new heavy rescue in the shed by June or July......Wo-Ho CR, even though I did all the leg work on this, the trustee's are the one's who have to defend it BTW maybe we ought to start a new thread on this , it's an interesting process, and some may not know you can do this.

Leave a comment:

• ChiefReason
    replied
    Originally posted by trainer
    Yes I sent you an email last week. Talked to the chief yesterday and the meeting tonight is not what I thought, it's a meeting to decide when the next meeting is going to be.
    That's right, Buck Rogers.
    Tonight, we are going to outline our strategy, have the attorney draw up the "Truth in Taxation" stuff, set that meeting 14 days from tonight and the next thing you know, you'll be swimming in cash!
    And we owe it all to you! At least, if something goes wrong, that's the story I'm stickin' with!
    Got a meeting to get ready for.
    CR

Leave a comment:

• ChiefReason
    replied
    Originally posted by ChiefReason
    No problem; I was trying to keep it low key.
    Actually; been trying to get something done about a problematic left knee.
    I think I'm getting closer.
    CR
    It's official.
    Surgery date for the left knee replacement is December 19th. Like a stroll down Memory Lane. Seems like just last year that I had the right one done.
    I'm still not sure how they intend to straighten the tibia/fibula in that leg. When I asked the nurse today, she said "doctor will discuss that with you November 9th.
    So, I guess I'll resurrect the Knee Chronicles thread. It's going to be another Christmas that I'll never for...I mean, remember.
    CR

Leave a comment:

• RspctFrmCalgary
    replied
    Originally posted by lilyogi
    Happy Birthday CR, i just got home from IFSI so i figured better late then never!! Happy Birthday!!
    I guess you never did see your Birthday thread That's ok, apparently nobody else did either

It didn't even occur to me to do it in Illinois .... hey that almost sounds kinky

Leave a comment:

• trainer
    replied
    Sorry about the double post, had to have my morning meeting with my employee, got to keep him working.I just checked I sent the email Friday, but it's stuff we can talk about tonight. I don't think we have played golf mono a mono this year, to late for me now but there will be next year, and no I won't play you on your home course I've been out of motorcycles for a long time but lets see harley.... Vmax.. want to race I'll even give you a head start and just so I don't affend anyone I do like harleys but would rather have an Indian or a Victory. Harleys are like arse holes everybody got one Oh by the way CR...happy birthday!

Leave a comment:

• trainer
    replied
    Yes I sent you an email last week. Talked to the chief yesterday and the meeting tonight is not what I thought, it's a meeting to decide when the next meeting is going to be.

Leave a comment:

• RspctFrmCalgary
    replied
    Hope the process is as successful as the last one!

Leave a comment:

• ChiefReason
    replied
    Originally posted by jaybird210
    Happy Birthday, Art! Sorry I missed this!
    No problem; I was trying to keep it low key.
    Actually; been trying to get something done about a problematic left knee.
    I think I'm getting closer.
    CR

Leave a comment:

• jaybird210
    replied
    Happy Birthday, Art! Sorry I missed this!

Leave a comment:

• ChiefReason
    replied
    I for one will be glad when the weather turns, I'm ready for my winter vacation, besides no corn to pick, no harley ridden, no golf, then maybe just maybe I'll be able to ...GET AHOLD OF A TRUSTEE!
    Yeah; especially since I live ALL THE WAY across town.
    Hold on, just a sec; let me see; nope; no voicemail on the telly phone. No messages on my cell phone. No emails lately. Hmmm; I thought someone was trying to get a hold of me.
    Probably just mad because I can whip your arse at golf and the closest you got to a hog was a V-Max.
    Not that I wanted to bring any of that up.
    Next!
    CR
    Last edited by ChiefReason; 10-31-2005, 12:14 PM. Reason: reduncancy

Leave a comment:

• lilyogi
    replied
    Happy Birthday CR, i just got home from IFSI so i figured better late then never!! Happy Birthday!!

Leave a comment:

• RspctFrmCalgary
    replied
    I for one will be glad when the weather turns, I'm ready for my winter vacation, besides no corn to pick, no harley ridden, no golf, then maybe just maybe I'll be able to ...GET AHOLD OF A TRUSTEE!
    Ooooooooooohhhhhhhh that was a good dig!!

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X