No announcement yet.

Its summer time in the flatlands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its been a nice September...Nice and warm... Its been whizzin a little bit around here since yesterday. I noticed all the forest preserves are overgrown from all the July rain. If we dont get much rain, its going to be another pain in the *** with nuisance grass fires this fall.
    IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Comment

NW Ohio.......... drier than popcorn fart......supossed to get rain nest week depending on Isabel.
      IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
      Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
      ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
      RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
      LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
      I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
      "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
      http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Comment

So; is it time to turn the calendar over to "fall in the flatlands"?
        On a more serious note; did you know that you can get pneumonia from aspirating into your lung? I didn't. Yep; I got pneumonia in my left lung from aspirating in my sleep Sunday nite. I woke up because I couldn't breathe and apparently, the stomach acid found its way into my left lung and caused pneumonia. I caught it early, so the Doc is giving me mass quantities of Levaquin. Should be good to go in a few days. In the meantime, I wheeze, cough, get short of breath tying my shoes, am light-headed and running a fever, but other than that, I feel great.
        I love this time of year. Means my birthday is a month away. Then Halloween!
        CR
        Visit www.iacoj.com
        Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
        RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

Comment

Birthday??? When's yours CR?? I knew there was a reason I liked ya, you are a fellow Scorpio aren't you? Mine's on October 30th, I like to say I was almost a witch but chose to be a bitch instead hehehee.
          To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world.

IACOJ-WOT proud

GO WHITE SOX!!!!!

Comment

October 27th. That would make me a Scorpio; yes. I wanted to be a warlock, but wound up being a safety director instead!
            CR
            Visit www.iacoj.com

Comment

I'm still trying to get caught up on all the threads on both sites.I guess I had better post a thought in this thread. Fall starts Saturday(feels like it now)
              Birthday a month away, CR?
              You know, when we get up there in years, our friends don't talk about birthdays this far in advance. They assume we might not make it that long.
              As for summertime, I got a windchill of 36 right now. What makes matters worse, the Cards only have 3 games left
              Every silver lining's got a touch of grey...I wiilll get by....

Proud to be IACOJ Flatlander Division

Comment

Cubs magic number is 4.
                It's supposed to be in the upper 30's tonight.
                CR isn't having a birthday, he's having an anniversary. It's the xx anniversary of his 21st birthday .
                The locals are cutting beans. Twenty-five to forty/ acre. Not a good year.

I vote we retire the summer thread and start up the fall thread.
                Omnis Cedo Domus

www.hinckleyfd.org

Comment

I thought the same thing but then it snowed so I started a winter thread LMFAO
                  September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
                  IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
                  Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

Birthday or anniversary, the special day calls for a good cigar, and since your day is close enough to my 22nd anniversary(not birthday)I will smoke one in your honor, CR

And Sheri, you just keep that snow up your way for a couple of months,hey

Fall thread it is.
                    Ahh, the fall, fishing is great this time of year. Going for a boat ride up river to get the fish requires a warm coat and long underwear. It kind of reminds me of ice fishing

Comment

GOD; I ALREADY MISS SUMMER!
                      CR
                      Visit www.iacoj.com

Comment

Ahhhh, but CR it sure has felt like summer this week. 2 more beautfil days coming up on Fri and Saturday.

Comment

WOW ..........could it be ? it is 86 and sunny here for Mothers Day .......is this finally the start of warm weather ?
                          IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
                          Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
                          ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
                          RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
                          LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
                          I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
                          "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
                          http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Comment

Josh, maybe it's warm where you are but I hear the northern delegation is shivvering. What was it, 52 there the other day? But there was also 37,000 at the Cubs game. Been hot down here, too. Looking forward to the 70s at the end of the week. Hope the storms stay away.
                            Jack Boczek, Chief
                            Ashley Community Fire Protection District

FLATLANDERS FOREVER!

Comment

Seems like there is no such thing as spring anymore up here. By the way Jack, I waved when I when I passed the Ashley exit off of 57.
                              IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Comment

Mikey, I wondered why it was so windy over the weekend.
                                It's warm again today. Guess I'll go work on my tan while I'm pointing the lawn mower in the right direction.
                                Jack Boczek, Chief
                                Ashley Community Fire Protection District

FLATLANDERS FOREVER!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse