Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• firefighterox
    replied
    CR, where are you from. I went to galesburg alot this summer for work. Along with woodhull, altona, kewannee, galva, rio, all those good places.

Leave a comment:

• ChiefReason
    replied
    I almost forgot.
    Yesterday, had a few sprinkles while riding the XCHF22 Express. Last night, the wind was horrendous. Dog kept thinking someone was at the door! Central Iowa had some twisters. I hear that the Iowa St. game was interrupted by a twister.
    Today, as I sip my morning coffee, I look out at all those yards that were raked yesterday. Today, the leaves are back! Hah!
    Winds are gusting at about 50 mph today.
    Will catch up on my reading.
    CR

Leave a comment:

• ChiefReason
    replied
    Originally posted by MIKEYLIKESIT
    I almost made it to your "turf" Art. I was supposed to go to a wedding in Alexis (reception in Galesburg) last night but couldnt get off work today.
    Weird, Mikey.
    My wife made it to your turf yesterday. She and her mom went on their annual Chicago shopping trip. She brought me back a cool Chicago Harley Davidson T-Shirt. Got a gangster with a machine gun on it. Smoke from the gat spells "Chicago". She's a good woman.
    I've been to a few receptions in Galesburg. They're all pretty much the same.
    CR

Leave a comment:

• MIKEYLIKESIT
    replied
    I almost made it to your "turf" Art. I was supposed to go to a wedding in Alexis (reception in Galesburg) last night but couldnt get off work today.

Leave a comment:

• ChiefReason
    replied
    Originally posted by JorieH
    And what station would that be for us northerners?(Then again the channels change up here frequently depending on who services you. No ones the same.)
    Channel 25 is a Peoria station and I believe that it is their NBC affiliate.
    The papparazzi will be ruthless.
    CR

Leave a comment:

• JorieH
    replied
    Originally posted by ChiefReason
    It's beginning to look alot like Christmas and my bike will be in commercials on channel 25 between now and the new year.
    Please; no autographs.
    CR
    And what station would that be for us northerners?(Then again the channels change up here frequently depending on who services you. No ones the same.)

Leave a comment:

• RspctFrmCalgary
    replied
    It sure as hell AIN'T summer here!

Well that's pretty darn cool, Mr. Celebrity

Leave a comment:

• ChiefReason
    replied
    Well, I road the hog to Reiman's Harley Davidson today and guess who I saw?

Santa Claus and one of his elves! I ain't kiddin'. Santa was on a 2006 Road King Custom and the elf was on some little puttputt scooter.
    Actually, they were shooting a TV commercial and they asked to use MY bike in the commercial. I couldn't say no. Got a shirt out of it.
    Tonight, we are under a tornado watch. Hope Santa's hog has a Stage 2 kit in it in case he has to outrun the nado.
    It's beginning to look alot like Christmas and my bike will be in commercials on channel 25 between now and the new year.
    Please; no autographs.
    CR

Leave a comment:

• JorieH
    replied
    Happy Birthday CR!
    Sorry it's so very late~busy with full time job, full time school, and part time job.
    Hu weird, last year I was the first to say happy birthday this year I'm the last.

Friday was beautiful! Satuday was rainy! Yesterday I was asleep! Today the sky is a clear blue and sunny! And I don't feel like the walking dead today!

Leave a comment:

• ChiefReason
    replied
    Right after our football team beat Sherrard, I was outside with Chopper, listening to the post game with Coach Adolphson and a crack of lightning sent the dog leaping into my arms.
    Poor little puppy wuppy.
    And the dog was pretty scared too!
    Pretty rough weather for this time of year.
    Still got my tornado bag ready just in case.
    Indiana and Kentucky; my heart goes out to you.
    CR

Leave a comment:

• jaybird210
    replied
    Originally posted by ChiefReason
    Ah; such a beautiful day.
    I wore a brace on the left leg today and shot a 93.
    Yeah; I left work early today.
    Salary, you know.
    CR
    Huh. Larry and I went out yesterday as well. I didn't wear a brace. I think I shot a 93 on the front 9. By the 13th, I wasn't interested in keeping score anymore. That damn 3-wood. If I don't curse at it and threaten to fire it before each hit, it either slices terrible, or sqibs like poo. By the end of the round, I was hitting the 5-wood farther then the 3. I need some lessons.....

But it was a beautiful day.

Leave a comment:

• ChiefReason
    replied
    Ah; such a beautiful day.
    I wore a brace on the left leg today and shot a 93.
    Yeah; I left work early today.
    Salary, you know.
    CR

Leave a comment:

• ChiefReason
    replied
    My bad!
    Time to move this discussion to where it belongs.
    Good discussion.
    CR

Leave a comment:

• k3twpfire
    replied
    We're at 37.2 cents. Brings in around $80,000 a year. Strickly for fire. Any money that would need to be paid to our contract ambulance provider comes out of this fund.

Leave a comment:

• jaybird210
    replied
    Originally posted by trainer
    Jay, close to the .30? A referndum going to be a tough sell sittin in that new station. Our fire has a cap of .30 and the ambulance has one of .25 that gives us .55 we were at .13 fire and .09 ambulance.
    Larry, we're at 28.5¢ after the referendum to build the station. We were supposed to go to 30¢ but the county made a little miscalculation on our EAV. Cost us $8,000 now, and that figure will get bigger as the EAV goes up. Naturally, to get that last penny-and-a-half would require another referendum.

We don't have an ambulance levy, and it makes me crazy. Fifteen cents would allow us another full-time person round-the-clock. But you know how trustees are.

Someday........
    Last edited by jaybird210; 11-02-2005, 03:49 PM. Reason: I can't count.

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X