No announcement yet.

Its summer time in the flatlands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Jaybird, I believe that would have been in the area of Cordova Rd. I probably would have been there had it been on fire! Sounds like you got away pretty cheap for tranny work. To bad you didn't have my number, I would have helped you out.
    Lilyogi

Comment

Anyone fore Shabbona ?
      IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
      Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
      ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
      RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
      LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
      I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
      "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
      http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Comment

You all go to Wally World for vacation?

HEY! WHERE'D EVERYBODY GO? HELLO? HELLO?
        Anyone want to go for ice cream?
        CR
        Visit www.iacoj.com
        Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
        RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

Comment

It's SUMMERTIME Chief..gotta cram all the outdoors stuff in while we can.. I am going to the State Fair tomorrow. So if anyone is down there, stop on by and say hi at the OSFM exhibit .
          IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Comment

Things that make you go hmmmm

I have to say I was dissapointed that this was the FIRST time I didnt see the State Fire Marshal at the State Fair. This guy should have at least showed his face. Tom Armstead ALWAYS did, as did Ernie Russell.
            IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Comment

We'll see if he shows up at the DuQuoin Fair next week. Ernie said he would be there, even though he's out of OSFM. I'll work the tent a few days and we'll be in the "waterfights" (not "waterball", as they do in Springfield). I hope the new guy can at least show his face one day.
              Jack Boczek, Chief
              Ashley Community Fire Protection District

FLATLANDERS FOREVER!

Comment

Hmmm; he sounded sincere.

When I met with him on August 4th, he said that he was going to be at the fair. I think he was talking about the state fair. I am pretty sure that he is busy with the transition too. Not making excuses for him, but in my mind, the quickest way to get a face on a name is to get out and meet the people!
                He has been invited to the Summer Fire School at Galesburg this Saturday. I'll let you know if he's there.
                CR
                Visit www.iacoj.com

Comment

Mark your calendars!

FDNY Chief Richard Picciotto, author of "Last Man Down" will be at Eureka College on Tuesday, October 28th at 7:30 pm at the Cerf Center.
                  Tickets are $5.00 each and can be purchased by calling 309-467-6420.
                  I'm sure that it will be a riveting discussion.
                  CR
                  Visit www.iacoj.com

Comment

What an honour it would be to meet him. Last Man Down was an incredibly gripping book to read.
                    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
                    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
                    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

BEE-YOU-EMM-PEE

Is everyone dead ?> what happened ? 5 days (almost) and no posts ? nothing shakin in the heartland ?
                      ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
                      RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
                      LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
                      I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?

Comment

Bathroom's down the hall to the right....

Everybody's trying to cram the last of summer in befoer the weather turns crappy, I guess.
                        Omnis Cedo Domus

www.hinckleyfd.org

Comment

Well, I have tried and tried to bring the discussions back to Illinois, but obviously, there are other matters of state that needs attention. You know, like "who caught the biggest fish"; "did you see that chick at the mall? She wasn't wearing a bra"; "got some more chrome for my motorcycle"; "I got a case of poison ivy looking for my golf ball"; "I found this great car polish"; "the sweet corn wasn't as good this year"; "had to stop 15 times so the kids could pee. And that was BEFORE we got out of town"!
                          Ah; the sights and sounds of summer.
                          Now, maybe we can get back to business. Do you hear that? That's Connecticut sneakin' up on us.....again.
                          Don't miss my Bradley Golden article over at the other site. It is done, but I haven't posted it yet. Will do so some time after 9/11 has passed.
                          CR
                          Visit www.iacoj.com

Comment

They are ALIVE !!!!!!!!!
                            RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
                            LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607

Comment

It's raining again....

Well, the rain started yesterday when we got to the tractors and combines. You find out in a hurry who's there to watch and who's there to buy. Yesterday was my wife's uncle's farm estate auction. The rain held off right up until the end and it was a good sale. All of the loose items sold and all's that's left is the sale of the 320 acres of prime farm ground.
                              It's raining again today. Our little village was suppose to have a community yard sale and a car show today.
                              Our fire department is suppose to participate in a dedication at the rest area for the victim of a drunk driving accident that we responded to.
                              I won't complain about the rain. It is desperately needed. Anyone else getting a shower?
                              CR
                              Visit www.iacoj.com

Comment

We are having a beautiful morning here
                                September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
                                IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
                                Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader