Clear All

• MikeF25
    replied
    www.wtvo.com

You may have to type it in.

Leave a comment:

• jaybird210
    replied
    Mike, ya big nerd, the link didn't come through. Try it again.

Leave a comment:

• MikeF25
    replied
    PC,

You ain't kidding Rockford got hit hard.

I live here.
    Here is a link to some pictures.
    The 3rd one down by Brian and Cindy Steele was submitted by my mom.

That is their neighbors house.

Click here: Email WTVO Your Storm Stories/Pictures

Unfortunately I was in Green Bay when this all happened.

Every time I go to that damn state.

Leave a comment:

• jboczek
    replied
    I might keep asking for more. It rained 3 miles North of here yesterday afternoon and 2 miles South, but only a few drops at home. I cut grass all afternoon. Last night we got .4. No storms, no wind, just a nice shower. We could probably use that much more but I think its over for now. We've been right in the middle of everything again. Just hope that keeps up. Let you people up north keep all the bad weather. That's something we don't mind letting Chicago have.

Leave a comment:

• jaybird210
    replied
    received 3" last night
    You are talking about rain, right?

Les, let that be a lesson to ya. You ask, we deliver!

Finally got a peaceful night last night. The weathermen say it's over for a little while. Let's hope so.

Come on corn, GROW!!!

Leave a comment:

• 80FIRE
    replied
    Jack... Be careful what you wish for. I bad mouthed the greedy northeners yesterday and received 3" last night. Big storms in the area again tonight but have not been out to check the gage yet. They gave an alert for an unconfirmed funnel cloud in West Quincy and luckily that was the only sighting reported. Still sounded like Quincy area had lots of wind damage. Lots of reports of trees and wired down.

Leave a comment:

• jboczek
    replied
    Sheri, I can see why you people put up witht he winters in Canada. It's to look forward to summer. The picture is absolutly gorgeous.
    I didn't think I'd be saying this anytime soon, but we really could use a rain. Haven't seen much in a couple of weeks, although a few spots had 1 - 2 inches last week. Not us though. I'll do my part to cool it off. I should get the A/C running again in my house in the next day or two. That'll make the weather cool off for sure. Might not even have to turn it on after I get it going.
    80, it looks funny down here to see one field of corn 7 ft. tall and tassling and right next to it is a field of corn that's 8 inches tall. Almost looks like some of the beans are taller than the corn.
    Cap, send us the rain. It does look like we're in for a stormy night tonight. Hope it doesn't get too rough but as hot and humid as it is, anything might happen.

Leave a comment:

• RspctFrmCalgary
    replied
    CRACCCCCK!! KA-BOOM!!!!

We had one HUMDINGER of a storm blow through here this afternoon. The sky was a really ugly green, but I didn't hear of any tornado sightings. The storm was tracking east, north of Calgary when it took a "sharp right turn" according to the weather guys, which caused all hell to break loose. Thunder, lightening, pouring rain, hail from pea to marble size DT, pea to grape to golf ball size in some areas, some flooding. Hit right at rush hour of course.

Just talked to my dad in Jasper (small tourist town in the Heart of the Canadian Rockies - about 4 1/2 - 5 hrs northwest of Calgary), asked if they got hit too. Well did they ever!! First time EVER they've been booted off the golf course, and a lightening strike started a forest fire on Pyramid Bench. Think they got it out though, Dad said he saw the helo dropping H20 on it.

This picture is my sister and 2 of my nieces with Pyramid Mountain in the background.
    Last edited by RspctFrmCalgary; 07-20-2009, 10:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• 80FIRE
    replied
    Just like you northners, hoging all the rain

You can keep all the storms just send us a nice shower.
    Getting tired of watching the lightning in the north and still haven't gotten enough rain to wet the sidewalk.

Sounds like the north has been hit hard by these recent storms. Hope no one has been injures or killed. Take care and be safe.

Leave a comment:

• codeblue81
    replied
    I wish we could BUY a good storm. I'm really getting tired of this 97F with 137% humidity. And it doesn't look like it's going to cool off anytime soon.

code_blue81

Leave a comment:

• pcfdcap1
    replied
    WEATHER or NOT

Summertime, Huh.
    I'm getting tired of this damn stormy weather. Jack, youse guyzz down south got it made. All of us up nort have had too many days of severe weather. Rockford really got hit Fri morning. Freeport too. It was Chicago and collar counties got it Sun and Mon. The boyzz along the river have been getting it almost every day. We got up to 2.5" this morning and more coming. Enough already. The end is in site though.

Leave a comment:

• RspctFrmCalgary
    replied
    Define clean

Thanks for the support guys, I guess bribing really does work

Leave a comment:

• pcfdcap1
    replied
    OOOHHH, summertime.....pictures.....heat warping my brain......priceless Ok guys, can we vote Sheri in now?

Leave a comment:

• 80FIRE
    replied
    Remenber her last pictures! I wonder if that body paint melts when it gets hot?
    Respect you are welcome in the flatland page anytime. Just keep it clean. We don't want DJ geting Jack in trouble with his wife

Leave a comment:

• MikeF25
    replied
    Ohhhhh,

Summer type pics.

I vote for honorary status.

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola