Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trainer
    replied
    Sorry Jay, we've had this problem in the past. IFSI sends forms to every dept in the state, do you get the calender?, is your IFSI imfo up to date? sometimes trustees get them,and belive it or not somtimes the chief gets them and doesn't pass it along. All imfo and downloadable forms are at www.wifa.homestead.com Another thing the forms don't tell you is the Mfg midway, this is not new but growing every year, looks like some great prizes to give away. Get your forms in now!, hope to see everyone there.

Leave a comment:

• jaybird210
    replied
    I have seen ZERO paperwork on the Galesburg fire school. WTF?

Nice looking instructor, eh? I hate the water, but.....

Leave a comment:

• trainer
    replied
    Okay i just spent 10min digging up this old thread, but its that time of year again. Everyone in the state should have the forms, lets get them filled out and in!. Numbers are down right now, so hop to it. I think we got a good slection of classes, all 12hrs classes are IFSI certified. this is the best school in our neck of the woods. I hope not to be premature, but it looks like( if the EPA gives there oke-doke)some classes will be live fire in a house. Just a side note, talk has it that the female instructor of the water rescue class is good looking

Leave a comment:

• ChiefReason
    replied
    Larry:
    Why get out the T-Rex? Hell, our Vikings would probably do quite well!
    What was that? Sounded like something exploded. Like TNT!
    CR

Leave a comment:

• trainer
    replied
    okay Pat,not that i'm going to stick up for Ty,but,bring them tnt's over and we'll have a little contest. They don't call our cutter the T-REX for nothing

Leave a comment:

• ChiefReason
    replied
    Pat:
    Still no package with your return address on it, so I can send you a CD.
    Oh and that last comment? I'm sure your truck just moved up in the production schedule!
    CR

Leave a comment:

• mfdff2
    replied
    Ty,
    Are you Alexis guys still mad because we used a good set of rescue tools to teach the class with?

(For those of you that don't know we used a set of TNT tools instead of Genesis.)

Leave a comment:

• F18Wub
    replied
    Originally posted by VCFPD3

Everyone gets a big pat on the back (not mfd ) from the instructors to the facilitators to the students. This was the biggest and best I've been associated with.

I will make sure I pass that up the chain of command.

Leave a comment:

• VCFPD3
    replied
    Well here is my monthly post. July and August are always very busy for me with all of the fairs and all.

The Summer Fire School was a huge success!!!!

Everyone gets a big pat on the back (not mfd ) from the instructors to the facilitators to the students. This was the biggest and best I've been associated with.

On behalf of WIFA thanks to all for their part in such a great school.

Leave a comment:

• Weruj1
    replied
    Glad it was a sucess and went well for all participants !

Leave a comment:

• trainer
    replied
    I too would like to convey my thanks to everyone who attended and helped. Thanks to CR for the great photos.(have you got Folies pics yet)Can't wait till next year, 8 new cans, 45ft tall, should make for an interesting school.Anyone wanting any 8-10hr class let me know

Leave a comment:

• ChiefReason
    replied
    Of course, I had to throw this one in. Dick was trying to get the recipe for my famous baked beans. Nothin' doin'.
    I will close by saying that it takes a lot of people to put this annual school on. BC Tommy Simkins was there, as usual, but this year he not only helped but also was there to convey GFD Chief John Cratty's best wishes. John was at the I-CHIEFS convention. Galesburg firefighter, Kevin Salsman was on hand. Kevin is the president of Local 555, Galesburg FFs union. The union has been behind this school from the very beginning and I can't say enough nice things about this extraordinary group of men. Thanks to all who attended.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• ChiefReason
    replied
    Here are the jewels in the crown at Galesburg RTC. The burn cans have been very popular with departments. They are used year-round by area departments. This is one of the most active regional training centers in the state, if not THE busiest.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• ChiefReason
    replied
    Here is a photo of the Confined Space simulator. Looks easy from the ground, but inside the can, they have partitioned it off to make it very interesting and TIGHT for the participants.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• ChiefReason
    replied
    Here is the captain of our fire service flagship, Dick Jaehne, Director of the Illinois Fire Service Institute speaking with his good friend from the Illinois House, State Representative Don Moffitt, father of the Illinois Task Force and recently formed Illinois Fire Service Caucus.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X