No announcement yet.

Summer Fire School

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here we have Hot Rod Hamilton, the former Canton FD chief and instructor for IFSI teaching his entry level SCBA class. This class was very well attended by several new recruits. Rod always makes his subject matter interesting with his anecdotal humor and layman's approach. Rod taught my FFII class way back in 1989!
    Attached Files
    Visit www.iacoj.com
    Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
    RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

Comment

Here we have part of the school's brain trust, probably plotting to take over Jake's at the conclusion of the school. Shown are; Tyke Jordan, school coordinator, Roger Lunt, IC instructor and former school coordinator, Chip Timmons, training officer of Galesburg FD and site administrator and trainer aka "Gator", school facilitator.
      Nothing gets by these four.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by ChiefReason; 08-30-2003, 02:19 PM.
      Visit www.iacoj.com

Comment

Here is a shot before things really got busy. Terri Hopper from the Institute was there to confirm pre-registers and to sign up walk-ins. It went very smoothly and the school started on time.
        Attached Files
        Visit www.iacoj.com

Comment

Eddie Bain was there to perform feats of magic. Actually, Eddie was teaching the Fire Investigation class and received high marks from all of the participants. My chief attended this class.
          Attached Files
          Visit www.iacoj.com

Comment

Here is the captain of our fire service flagship, Dick Jaehne, Director of the Illinois Fire Service Institute speaking with his good friend from the Illinois House, State Representative Don Moffitt, father of the Illinois Task Force and recently formed Illinois Fire Service Caucus.
            Attached Files
            Visit www.iacoj.com

Comment

Here is a photo of the Confined Space simulator. Looks easy from the ground, but inside the can, they have partitioned it off to make it very interesting and TIGHT for the participants.
              Attached Files
              Visit www.iacoj.com

Comment

Here are the jewels in the crown at Galesburg RTC. The burn cans have been very popular with departments. They are used year-round by area departments. This is one of the most active regional training centers in the state, if not THE busiest.
                Attached Files
                Visit www.iacoj.com

Comment

Of course, I had to throw this one in. Dick was trying to get the recipe for my famous baked beans. Nothin' doin'.
                  I will close by saying that it takes a lot of people to put this annual school on. BC Tommy Simkins was there, as usual, but this year he not only helped but also was there to convey GFD Chief John Cratty's best wishes. John was at the I-CHIEFS convention. Galesburg firefighter, Kevin Salsman was on hand. Kevin is the president of Local 555, Galesburg FFs union. The union has been behind this school from the very beginning and I can't say enough nice things about this extraordinary group of men. Thanks to all who attended.
                  Attached Files
                  Visit www.iacoj.com

Comment

I too would like to convey my thanks to everyone who attended and helped. Thanks to CR for the great photos.(have you got Folies pics yet)Can't wait till next year, 8 new cans, 45ft tall, should make for an interesting school.Anyone wanting any 8-10hr class let me know

Comment

Glad it was a sucess and went well for all participants !
                      IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
                      Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
                      ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
                      RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
                      LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
                      I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
                      "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
                      http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Comment

Well here is my monthly post. July and August are always very busy for me with all of the fairs and all.

The Summer Fire School was a huge success!!!!

Everyone gets a big pat on the back (not mfd ) from the instructors to the facilitators to the students. This was the biggest and best I've been associated with.

On behalf of WIFA thanks to all for their part in such a great school.
                        Proud to Be Crusty!!!!

"The time to train is not the time of need!" - LDH

Comment

Originally posted by VCFPD3

Everyone gets a big pat on the back (not mfd ) from the instructors to the facilitators to the students. This was the biggest and best I've been associated with.

I will make sure I pass that up the chain of command.
                          IACOJ, Flatlander Division

Comment

Ty,
                            Are you Alexis guys still mad because we used a good set of rescue tools to teach the class with?

(For those of you that don't know we used a set of TNT tools instead of Genesis.)

Comment

Pat:
                              Still no package with your return address on it, so I can send you a CD.
                              Oh and that last comment? I'm sure your truck just moved up in the production schedule!
                              CR
                              Visit www.iacoj.com

Comment

okay Pat,not that i'm going to stick up for Ty,but,bring them tnt's over and we'll have a little contest. They don't call our cutter the T-REX for nothing

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X