Summer Fire School

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summer Fire School

Trainer,Tyke told me that they only have room for 4 cars for the auto extrication. Do you think we can cut on 4 cars in the morning and have them hauled off and 4 fresh cars brought in? 4 cars for possibly 30 people to cut on won't take very long to tear apart. Let me know what you think.

On the flip side we just got a $15,000.00 haz mat grant

Lucky bastards, how many tech a's you got?. Lets wait and see how many apply for your class. I think it's going to be more than they think. mean while i'll work on Chip.

Comment

FORE cars?

mfd:
      Why is Tyke trying to limit the number of cars? The entire southeast side of the training site can be used. You can easily get eight cars in there and as long as you are putting tarps down and cleaning up the mess afterwards, what makes the difference? You get any more than 4-5 people per car and you are going to have to sing or dance to fill in the dead time. People want to tear up cars. You will get a good turnout. Trust me. Most will probably come from Slobber's district!
      I'll straighten Tyke out.
      CR
      Visit www.iacoj.com
      Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
      RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

Comment

Please take notice!

GET THOSE REGISTRATIONS TURNED IN. THEY ARE GOING TO CANCEL SOME CLASSES IF THE PRE-REGISTRATION NUMBERS AREN'T THERE.
        I was talking to one of the instructors over the week end and he told me that IFSI has already cancelled one class due to a lack of enrollment.
        THis is YOUR fire school. The chief has your registration information. Get it from him, fill it out and send it in. Total cost: 37 cents.
        See you there.
        CR
        Visit www.iacoj.com

Comment

Update!

Fire departments have until August 5th to pre-register. If the scheduled classes do not have minimim enrollment, they may be cancelled.
          As of today, thermal imaging camera has ONE pre-registrant.
          Vehicle extrication has ZERO pre-registrants as of today.
          The rest of the classes have an average of 7-8 thus far.
          Get your people to commit to this school. We have some excellent instructors coming in for class.
          CR
          Visit www.iacoj.com

Comment

CR,
            If the extrication gets cancelled, I hope it don't but if it does if there are any other classes you need help with let me know.

Comment

Things are looking better,still short in some classes.Lets go people get those reg. in now!! Pat we have a meeting aug 5 at rtc with instructors,thats the last day,if were short classes will be canceled. lilyogi,Monroe is a fun party,but if you want good training close to home, Galesburg rtc sat aug 23 8-5, Classes and reg forms at www.wifa.homestead.com List 2 choices for classes,and do it now!! And we thank you for your support.

Comment

Most recent update!

HiHo Everyone;
                I talked to trainer Wednesday nite and he had just come from a planning meeting. Don't know why he hasn't been here to give you an update. If the numbers hold up, it will be the biggest school to date. Anyway.....
                ALL CLASSES WILL GO OFF. NONE WERE CANCELLED, SO IF YOU PRE-REGISTERED, YOU GOT YOUR CLASS!
                As of Wednesday, there were 192 signed up. But....
                Last night, I spoke with Tyke, who is this year's school coordinator and he told me that there are 196 signed up for what will be a great fire school.
                I will be there on and off during the day. I have been told that our state rep will be there, among others. A vendor or two might even be there. Last year, extrication gloves were the hot ticket!
                Talk to you between now and then and hope to see you there.
                CR
                Visit www.iacoj.com

Comment

And remenber, walkins are welcome, but some classes may be full

Comment

THIS JUST IN!

HiHo Everyone:
                    Just thought I'd give you an update on the Summer Fire School at Galesburg on August 23rd.
                    As of today, we had 220 pre-registered.
                    As trainer said, they will take walk-ins on the day of with no guarantee that you will get the class that you want. It depends.
                    It should be a great day. There will be some special guests there.
                    You might get to have a word with your state rep!
                    Let me know if you are going. I want to make it a point to meet you and chat. I will be wearing a Firefighter In Support of Our Troops T-shirt and a golf hat of some sort.
                    Hope to see you there.
                    CR
                    Visit www.iacoj.com

Comment

One quick question?

Did we change the name to summer fire school from fall fire school?
                      I can remember an earlier post when someone was corrected about this, right trainer?

Oh I know all I do is stir the pot.
                      Proud to Be Crusty!!!!

"The time to train is not the time of need!" - LDH

Comment

Sooo the fair is over. Your going to have to do better than that, one post a month won't cut it

Comment

Did anybody hear something?

VC:
                          Don't come in here after your long absence and start spreading your pearls of wisdom. You knew what you were getting into when you started posting.
                          Which reminds me: did everyone else take the Summer off too?
                          To answer your question, little man, I preferred "Fall" fire school. I believed that it was renamed by Chip or someone at IFSI. I guess "Fall" wasn't catchy enough or it was some marketing ploy because "Summer" sounds like it's more FUN! Who knows. Registrations are up, so they could name it "ChiefReason's Fire School and Golf Outing" and I wouldn't care; so long as they spelled my name right!
                          Get to it, VC. You have to make up for lost time.
                          P.S. Your daddy Earl tried to widen his boundaries by offering to bring E. Galesburg into his district. E. Galesburg decided to remain where they are! I wonder......
                          CR
                          Visit www.iacoj.com

Comment

Biggest, bestest ever!

Spoke with trainer this morning. He informed me that as of last night, there were 225 pre-registered for the school. For those of you wanting to get a close look at fluorescent red paint, our Engine #3 will be there.
                            I have been told that all of the local politicians will be on hand, along with other special guests.
                            Remember that walk-ins are welcome.
                            Maybe I'll see some of you there.
                            The weather is suppose to be perfect.
                            CR
                            Visit www.iacoj.com

Comment

I had a great time at Galesburg today. This was my first time at the training center and it was very impressive. It was nice to see such a large turnout at a training event and every thing was well organized and planned out.

Everyone that was involved in making the school happen should be commended on a job well done!

It was also nice to finally put a face with trainer and mfdff2, good work guys
                              Proudly serving as Vice-President of the Illinois Delegation of the IACOJ

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X