Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire Investigator I,II,II, etc

Hi everyone.

With regards to Fire Investigator I, II, & III, is certification through OSFM (if there is?) automatic upon completion of the three modules? Looking at the OSFM website, I don't see an exam for the certification. Thanks.

I just spoke to my Deputy Chief who took all the classes this year. To become a Fire Investigator (Certified through OSFM) it is like every other certification...take the class and pass the test. To become an arson investigator you have to take a PTI class and become sponsored by an agnecy that can do so. Basically this means being able to carry a weapon, arrest people etc.

Hope this helps. Also, he said you could talk to Eddie Bain at IFSI, (he leads that program) for additional information.
    The success of a fire department depends on the willingness of its members to put aside their differences and work for the benefit of the dept/community.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I knew about the Arson certification, and that's laid out pretty clearly in the state statute. I was just puzzled because I don't see a Fire Investigator exam listed on OSFM's website.

Thanks again.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
      Working...
      X