EMT question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EMT question

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum, and I'm looking into a career saving lives.

It looks like I should get EMT trained, the question is where is this training available and how long does it take, how much does it cost, ect....

I live in Idaho Falls, ID.
    What are my options?

Any help, helps

EITC, BYU-I

I don't know what the costs are. You'd have to check the school brochures.
    Have you filled out an application for IFFD? They are testing soon.

Send me a PM.

*Mark
    FTM-PTB-RFB-EGH

Comment

Eitc

Eitc does an excellent EMT course when I took it 14 people were allowed and you needed to sign up the first day of enrollment. This semester they let 24 in the class andits overcrowded. I would also try talking to Shelley the might let you affiliate with them and put you through a class. or if you live close to rigby they might let you affiliate. Also stop in the Ammon station They are getting ready for an EMT class. They usually do a one time recruit hiring of volunteers but maybe if you could impress the chief and maybe have to do some begging he might put you in.
      Last edited by ashncole; 03-15-2009, 08:01 PM. Reason: Notice question was answered

Comment

EMT Certificate from California

Hello,
        I was wondering if anybody knows from experience or knows of anyone that has a EMT certificate from California. And if this certificate is good in the state of Idaho. I know that the National Registry is called National but I've heard that it's not recognized nationwide.

Thanks for any help.

Comment

Lunchbox,

I came to Idaho from Utah with a Utah EMT certification. I filled out the reciprocity application and submitted it to the state (make copies because they lose things!). After a month or two I gave it to the EMS chief and he took it to the state office and brought back a Idaho EMT certification.

I didn't have to pay anything or test to get an EMT-B cert. If you wish to reciprocity to EMT-Advanced you will have to pay and take a test.

The Id cert was only good until my Utah one expired which was only a little over a year anyway.

It was easy and painless. I imagine that Ca would be recognized the same. Call the State EMS and ask them!

*Mark
          FTM-PTB-RFB-EGH

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
          Working...