Florida Firefighter Schools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florida Firefighter Schools

I know the Florida State Fire College is ranked high, but does anyone know any other good fire schools in Florida? ( I heard St. Augustine was also a good one)

Lake Tech is a very good school too.

Comment

I say the fire college is the way to go, if your looking in NE Fl the one at FCCJ jacksonville minimum std's is pretty good. then st aug is a distant 3rd.

Comment

Central Florida Fire academy and Seminole Community college academy are both good as well.
        Greater love has no man than to lay his life down for a friend.

Comment

Originally posted by rpferry View Post
          Central Florida Fire academy and Seminole Community college academy are both good as well.
          oh yeah, i forgot about CFFA. they look pretty jam up too!

Comment

Citrus County Fire Academy was very good, attended there last fall for my Fire One.. Also I believe there is Public Safety Academy in Fort Myers that teaches most of the fire/rescue classes
            "If you can't be a good example, the you'll just have to be a terrible warning."

Comment

Broward Fire Academy is top notch. Stay away from Coral Springs' academy if you are coming down south.
              If your going to cry about doing the job you signed up for do us all a favor and quit, there are plenty of dedicated people standing in line for the best job in the world.

Lieutenant

Comment

Take Seminole Community Colleges Day Class if you want to get whipped into shape and get some good knowledge at the same time.. they will mold you into a firefighter that anyone would want to hire! just my 2 cents haha.

Comment

I was going to be checking out the Florida fire college and the academy in Orlando, I hear Broward Fire Academy is really good, but I thought they have a long waiting list you have to have your emt certs, I could be wrong and hope others will correct me if wrong.

I was told by Florida fire college that they will be adding emt classes soon.

Comment

Indian River Community College (IRCC).
                    JG
                    PTB-EGH
                    "Train Like Your Life Depends on It B/C It Does"
                    9-11-01, 06-18-07, and all those who have given the extreme sacrifice RFB.

Comment

Originally posted by ctrlaltdelete View Post
                      I hear Broward Fire Academy is really good, but I thought they have a long waiting list you have to have your emt certs, I could be wrong and hope others will correct me if wrong.
                      Yeah, forgot about that. The list was 2 years in '98 when I went. Here is a link for BFA.

http://www.bfa.edu/classes.php?id=54

Jeff, I'm glad to see you didn't mention PBCC.
                      If your going to cry about doing the job you signed up for do us all a favor and quit, there are plenty of dedicated people standing in line for the best job in the world.

Lieutenant

Comment

You know the saying. If you dont have anything nice to say dont say anything at all. Thats all I will say about PBCC.
                        JG
                        PTB-EGH
                        "Train Like Your Life Depends on It B/C It Does"
                        9-11-01, 06-18-07, and all those who have given the extreme sacrifice RFB.

Comment

Originally posted by jgreenpbgfr View Post
                          You know the saying. If you dont have anything nice to say dont say anything at all. Thats all I will say about PBCC.
                          Is it really that bad? I'm honestly asking as I've never heard anything either way about the school.
                          Greater love has no man than to lay his life down for a friend.

Comment

St. Pete College has a good program as well. The training center is only a couple of years old and top notch. One of our former Chiefs (Jim Terry) runs the program.

Chief Terry is old school, and teaches more about the fire service then just what the state requires, if you know what I mean.
                            Fire Marshal/Safety Officer

IAAI-NFPA-IAFC/VCOS-Retired IAFF

"No his mind is not for rent, to any god or government"
                            RUSH-Tom Sawyer

Success is when skill meets opportunity
                            Failure is when fantasy meets reality

Comment

Originally posted by rpferry View Post
                              Is it really that bad? I'm honestly asking as I've never heard anything either way about the school.
                              In a word.........YES!!Not the fault of the instructors but, the Fire/EMS program is run pretty poorly as a whole. One of our volunteers who just finished told us the other shift that they don't even do PT every day any more. The quality of students has dropped off since PBCC took over the academy from the Vo-tec. Like their EMS program, the fire academy is looked at more as a money maker than anything else.

Lieutenant

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X