Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact sales@firehouse.com
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Orlando 2015

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hearing all kinds of numbers being thrown around. The most consistent are 14 getting picked up in October to fill vacancies. And 15 more in November for a new tower and rescue going in service (rumor mill says T-15 and R-14)

Comment

Do you know if they have already contacted everyone for those two hirings?

Comment

Had my interview a few weeks ago. Anyone heard anything?

Comment

2nd interviews were held last week. Calls were made for new hire class to start in October.

Comment

Indeed, heard 16 people got the nod.

Curious lomus... Are you a medic, because everyone seems to be hearing that only medics were getting picked up in October.

Still rumors flying around about tower 15. It looks as if it may not happen in November. Rather the city is going to wait until ISO says "you need this tower here" and then put it in service. As far as anyone knows, ISO doesn't come back until January 2017, so look for another group of 15 (plus retires/promotions) coming then.

Comment

Yes I am a medic. From everyone I spoke to it looked like the majority were medics being interviewed.

Comment

Still no definite word on what's going on with hiring. Anyone out there who interviewed and might have got an actual start date feel free to chime in.

The last rumors I picked up on was mid November. While others I've talked to (a few actually) said they heard it might not be till the new year. I'm hoping that's not the case for you guys, maybe what they heard was "new FISCAL year" and they just goofed up. (We just started that in October)

Anywho. What I've heard in the field AND training is its close to 20 in the first group. That I can see, since a look at the entire dept right now has us down 30 members. And that's not listing people who retire in a few months and other unexpected ones. That's straight vacancies on the shift rosters. So there's a great chance we hire between 30 and 45 off this list. Good luck to all!

Comment

I had my interview in August and never heard back. Does anyone have any insight on the next steps in the process? Since I didn't hear anything back about a second interview am I pretty much done or is there still a chance for me to move on in the process? Any info would be much appreciated.
                  Last edited by ffmedic02; 10-07-2016, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Second group is receiving phone calls. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by G8rFF View Post
                      Second group is receiving phone calls. Good luck
                      Does anyone have any idea what the start date is for this first class?

Comment

I've heard they're going to start a class at the end of the month. Nothing official yet tho. The lieutenants test is currently underway so when that's finished they will probably start the new hires. It supposed to be finished mid December but they might be hurrying them thru the process b/c we are so short on lieutenants

Comment

Curious if anyone has heard anything about a second group of new hires coming in spring 2017?
                          Last edited by gpk321; 01-10-2017, 06:51 PM.

Comment

Anyone heard anything after the first and second interviews two weeks ago?

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X