Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Miami-Dade Fire Rescue is Hiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• By any chance, have you or your son heard of others that have been contacted and are in the same process as your son? My self and a few others I know are still in the air waiting for any response from HQ

Comment

• He has spoken to a few friends that also applied and some even got to their meeting with the PI, but from there they lost any contact. Meaning, their references/neighbors were never contacted. I wish I could tell you what made the difference for my son while not others. It must be a series of things. Test score, result of psych evaluation, outcome of PI interview, reference letters, neighbors, blue ink, initials on everything, etc. I know how disappointing you and others must feel, but all I can do is to provide updates as I get them so that maybe the next go around everyone knows the exact sequence of events that lead up to the official hiring. Btw, for those who met with their PI, you can call them and ask for status updates. Not sure that they will necessarily tell you why anyone did not make it, but maybe you can get some sort of feedback from them. It's worth a try.

Comment

• Thanks for your replies.

I have been in contact with my PI since the interview and emailed her last week. Her only response to me was that my file was completed and that the hiring committee has made the decision and is in the process of notifying candidates and that I will be contacted regardless of the decision.

Comment

• I received a similar reply from my PI. Stated that my file is still under consideration and unless I receive a letter in the contrary, I would still be in. Wether that means for this upcoming class or for future ones, I’m not sure. It would be disappointing to not be in for this class, but obviously even more disappointing to be completely out of the process. So for those who haven’t heard anything, don’t lose hope. No news is better than bad news.

Comment

• So I got an email from backgrounds today. I was not chosen for the upcoming class but they informed my file will remain active. Although disappointed to not have been chosen, good to know I can be considered for future classes. Congrats to those who got the green light and best of luck to all others in the future.

Comment

• Update... my son went to his Psych 2. It took about 2 1/2 hours. Basically answered approximately 300 +/- questions then was interviewed once again. It was very similar to the first Psych, but a bit more brief. Needless to say that there were only a few there in comparison with the first go around. I would say under 10. Up next for him is his medical next week then his finger printing a couple days apart to include turning in all his paperwork (approx 8 forms). Ex: Finger Print document, Accidental Death Insurance, Death Beneficiary Form X 2, Florida Retirement System (FRS), I-9, Loyalty Oath, and IT Non-Disclosure affidavit. The Medical is at an off site local medical bldg and the last stop is at Headquarters. Well everyone is now up so speed...

Comment

• Had his medical on a Monday, then had to go back two days later to have the TB results checked and in essence get cleared by their doctors. Following day, had appointment at headquarters to fill out bunch of paperwork as previously noted on last post. Still no official offer. That should arrive in the next few days. Was told uniform to be distributed on approximately Dec 10, so I assume class would begin shortly after. Heard possibly December 16th, but that’s not confirmed.
                Last edited by Miamidad; 11-09-2019, 01:47 AM.

Comment

• Has anyone been hired as a non cert after being placed on the "wait list" or after getting the letter "Qualified but not selected" ?

Comment

• fire1991 did you receive such a letter? And what does it say when you log in to the MDC portal and view the application? Mine still says "Applied" and I haven't received anything since my psych.

Comment

• Yes I did receive the letter from HQ saying I was not selected for the upcoming class. The letter states I am qualified which means I basically passed everything including background but was not selected

Comment

• Originally posted by fire1991 View Post
                        Has anyone been hired as a non cert after being placed on the "wait list" or after getting the letter "Qualified but not selected" ?
                        I’ve definitely heard stories from current FF of getting a call even a year or two after passing everything. I’ve even been curious enough to read prior posts and it has happened. Maybe the non-cert world is a little different than the cert one but if you got the “qualified but not chosen” letter I’d say the chance is still there. I wouldn’t hold my breath but I wouldn’t give up altogether or take is a complete loss. Plenty of candidates received the death letter so to still be on the list is a blessing in itself. It’s a class of a few dozen out of thousands that applied. Don’t give up hope just yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bandaid305 View Post
                          fire1991 did you receive such a letter? And what does it say when you log in to the MDC portal and view the application? Mine still says "Applied" and I haven't received anything since my psych.
                          I also havent received anything after my psych

Comment

• Originally posted by fcast12 View Post

I’ve definitely heard stories from current FF of getting a call even a year or two after passing everything. I’ve even been curious enough to read prior posts and it has happened. Maybe the non-cert world is a little different than the cert one but if you got the “qualified but not chosen” letter I’d say the chance is still there. I wouldn’t hold my breath but I wouldn’t give up altogether or take is a complete loss. Plenty of candidates received the death letter so to still be on the list is a blessing in itself. It’s a class of a few dozen out of thousands that applied. Don’t give up hope just yet.
                            Thanks man, I appreciate that. Just got to wait and hope for the best

Comment

• Curious if anyone has heard more about the uncert class. I’m sure I would have heard by now if I had any chance of being selected for this upcoming class. It seems others are in my position of having gone for psych eval 1 and then never hearing anything else... I definitely didn’t get any letter or email “of death” but also never had a second psych or met with a background investigator. Considering emailing or calling backgrounds just to see if my application is still open and in consideration for future classes, has anyone else in my shoes gotten any information like that?

Comment

• Good morning ladies and gents, as of today my son has still not heard from headquarters regarding what seems to me to be an "official offer letter". I assume it will be via email as everything else has been communicated in this manner. Like I said before, he did receive a "conditional offer" that required him to do a second psych, then a medical evaluation and finally, his finger printing that was conducted at headquarters. That was back on the first week of November. Rumor has it that those recruits will be contacted again on or before the last week in November. Roll out the hoses ...that means God willing, next week. I will let everyone know when that happens. Hopefully sooner than later. This would allow for those currently working to provide adequate notices to their current employers. This is assuming that the next uncert class (#141) does begin on Dec 16, 2019 right after the class #140 will end. That date was provided by another member on this forum were he/she stated that the current class will end on Dec 13th. Wow, what a process, but well worth the wait. Any questions, please feel free to message me.
                                Last edited by Miamidad; 11-21-2019, 12:50 PM.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X