Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Miami-Dade Fire Rescue is Hiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bandaid305 View Post

Do you mean the initial civil service exam from last year? The next thing should have been an email requesting copies of your certificates which went out around January 2019 for my medic classmates and myself. People got the email at different times though, sometimes weeks apart. If you haven't heard anything at all and have thoroughly checked your junk mail, there is a number you can call but we were instructed not to call asking for the status of our applications. Google 2018 MDFR Recruitment Packet and there should be contact info in the pdf.
    yes I recieved that email and after havent heard anything so was just wondering

Comment

• Could this finally be the week that we get word on the next non cert class? "Miami-Dade County has the next pic and is on the clock" ...Tick, tock...tick, tock...

Comment

• Originally posted by Miamidad View Post
        Could this finally be the week that we get word on the next non cert class? "Miami-Dade County has the next pic and is on the clock" ...Tick, tock...tick, tock...
        If the math is right and this current class doesn’t graduate until December 16th, we might not hear anything until next month. The uncert class could even be pushed to January because of the holidays, but I’m sure they’ll have the chosen candidates do the psych 2, medical, and finger prints between November and start of December. I hope we hear something this month but it wouldn’t surprise me if we didn’t.

Comment

• Originally posted by Miamidad View Post
          Could this finally be the week that we get word on the next non cert class? "Miami-Dade County has the next pic and is on the clock" ...Tick, tock...tick, tock...
          Who is it you are quoting here? Have you heard something about the upcoming class?

Comment

• Originally posted by fcast12 View Post

If the math is right and this current class doesn’t graduate until December 16th, we might not hear anything until next month. The uncert class could even be pushed to January because of the holidays, but I’m sure they’ll have the chosen candidates do the psych 2, medical, and finger prints between November and start of December. I hope we hear something this month but it wouldn’t surprise me if we didn’t.
            We graduate Dec 13th next class should start on the 16th (non cert)

Comment

• Originally posted by Truckie87 View Post

We graduate Dec 13th next class should start on the 16th (non cert)
              How long before the academy started did they have you guys do the second psych and medical?

Comment

• My buddy, current FF, says it was about 6 weeks before the academy began when he received his conditional offer

Comment

• Originally posted by fire1991 View Post
                  My buddy, current FF, says it was about 6 weeks before the academy began when he received his conditional offer
                  Every class gets their letters at different times just so you know

Comment

• Just mentioning what I have been told. Why don't you enlighten us and let us know when you received your conditional offer, that would be great!

Comment

Just mentioning what I have been told. Why don't you enlighten us and let us know when you received your conditional offer, that would be great!
                      I think 6 weeks +/- is a good indicator. Might be 5 or might be 7. It’s not gonna be under a month or over two. People need a reasonable time frame to schedule the remaining tests and give notice at their jobs after the final job offer. If December 16th is the next start date, a good estimate of when the county will send out conditionals would be at the start of November. Anything before that is surely welcome, anything after would just keep torturing those waiting to hear something lol
                      Last edited by fcast12; 10-10-2019, 11:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by fcast12 View Post

I think 6 months +/- is a good indicator. Might be 5 or might be 7. It’s not gonna be under a month or over two. People need a reasonable time frame to schedule the remaining tests and give notice at their jobs after the final job offer. If December 16th is the next start date, a good estimate of when the county will send out conditionals would be at the start of November. Anything before that is surely welcome, anything after would just keep torturing those waiting to hear something lol
                        When you mention +/- 6 months what exactly are you referencing? do you mean weeks? Yes, I agree with what you said at then end which leads me to believe you had a typo at the beginning.

Comment

When you mention +/- 6 months what exactly are you referencing? do you mean weeks? Yes, I agree with what you said at then end which leads me to believe you had a typo at the beginning.
                          Yea, sorry, thanks for correcting me. Six weeks.

Comment

• Anyone who’s in the running for the uncert class heard anything about their background investigation? As in hearing from your neighbors or previous employers?

Comment

Anyone who’s in the running for the uncert class heard anything about their background investigation? As in hearing from your neighbors or previous employers?
                              I haven't heard a thing since my psych. The class is selected and letters are supposed to be sent before OR on November 1st. Anyone know if those of us who havent seen a background investigator have a shot or have we been benched until the next non-cert class?

Comment

• How do you know that the class has been selected already?

Don’t want to be the bearer of bad news man but unfortunately if you haven’t heard from Background’s after the pysch you might be held to the next class. I heard from backgrounds a few days after my psych and met with my investigator for initial paperwork but haven’t heard since and my neighbors weren’t contacted. I hope that doesn’t mean anything either!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X