Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Orlando Fire Dept. Testing 2011

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Not much new right now, still 1 for 1, we just brought on 3 more, in orientation right now. So if you were called already, that's 3 more you can check off your list of 30 or so. Other than that not much new, we have quite a few retirements and promotions coming up so it shouldn't be too long before the next calls go out. Good luck to all.

    Comment


    • #62
      Thanks for the info bro. I interviewed/poly in may and HR said there were 35 of us on the processed list. I have worked down south for 4 years now and learned alot about Florida fire departments. In mine and alot of other people's opinions OFD is THE department in Florida. A Captain I have the utmost respect for, who is in charge of West Palm Squad 4, said that OFD is the only department he would ever consider leaving west palm for. It seems all I think about lately is getting that phone call. Any guess on the number/timing of upcoming retirements?
      FTMPTBEGH
      Forum Member
      Last edited by FTMPTBEGH; 09-21-2011, 11:01 AM.

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by FireFuss
        30 or so? Is that how many is left on the eligibility list? If the budget is indeed better (God I hope so) and OFD decides to beef up manning for the addition of more ambulances they'd probably have to retest in 2012 sometime right?

        I hope everyone on this list makes it, no matter how long it takes. And the next time OFD tests, I'll be able to actually make all the parts of the test since I live here now. So I look forward to working with everyone in the (hopefully) near future.
        Sorry for the confusion the list has a total of 81, HR called the first 30 or so. So that's what I meant by checking off names if you have been called already.

        Won't be done with SAFER til next Oct. Probably having a test around Jan 2013 I imagine (as that would be 2 year expiration on the current list as well) my guess is that will be the next test. We shouldn't burn through the current list early.

        As for projected retirements it's tough to say, people leave when they want, as for retirements being forced out due to forward and back drop, there are a few but not a ton.

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by FireFuss
          But who the funk cares about that right now. Good luck to everyone left on this list. Hope to be cleaning your bathrooms and kitchen floors in a few years as the "rookie"........for the third time.......heh
          Hopefully some of the future firefighters that read these forums pick up on that attitude. Regardless if its your 1st or 5th department, cleaning the toilets is one of the most basic ways for your crew to build trust in you. If you can't clean a ****ter, how do they know you'll be able to follow commands on the fireground?

          I've said it before too, if I were to come back to Florida, there will be only 3 -4 departments I would even consider applying for and Orlando is probably #1 on that list.

          Fuss, quick non OFD question. Why does philly still use those god awful yellow tupperware lids?

          Comment


          • #65
            Awesome! Thanks for sharing. I love stuff like that.

            Comment


            • #66
              Very nice, FireFuss. Thanks for sharing.

              Comment


              • #67
                That is some cool shiite. Thanks for sharing dude.
                AJ, MICP, FireMedic
                Member, IACOJ.
                FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
                This message has been made longer, in part from a grant from the You Are a Freaking Moron Foundation.

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by layinonair View Post
                  Sorry for the confusion the list has a total of 81, HR called the first 30 or so. So that's what I meant by checking off names if you have been called already.

                  Won't be done with SAFER til next Oct. Probably having a test around Jan 2013 I imagine (as that would be 2 year expiration on the current list as well) my guess is that will be the next test. We shouldn't burn through the current list early.

                  As for projected retirements it's tough to say, people leave when they want, as for retirements being forced out due to forward and back drop, there are a few but not a ton.
                  hmmmmmm......and i will be 2 months shy of vesting.....interesting
                  42-B "The Night Train"

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    In FRS if you leave before your vested you recieve no benefit. The only money i may get back is the 3% we are paying in as of July 1st.....but i would roll it anyways...and ya by the time a list came out i would have the time
                    42-B "The Night Train"

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      ya if i do change dept i would roll any accumulated retirement into the new dept....thats just smarter as well as easier come collecting time....but i may stay where i am at until my son graduates in 6 years...been lookin pacific northwest
                      42-B "The Night Train"

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Some pensions/departments do not allow you to roll over though, so cashing out is your only option.
                        Another suggestion is if you are moving distances from one department to another (like I am) cashing out can help pay for moving expenses, new housing, new furniture, etc. This is a viable option if you only have a small time in and aren't going to lose much by not rolling over.

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Originally posted by e10pvmt View Post
                          ya if i do change dept i would roll any accumulated retirement into the new dept....thats just smarter as well as easier come collecting time....but i may stay where i am at until my son graduates in 6 years...been lookin pacific northwest
                          Who are you kidding chump you aren't ever leaving Florida!!!

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            So what are we up to now? 11 right? I know what HR "tolf me my number" is, but I'm starting to see that number really doesn't matter...I know a few people that were around the top 10 that haven't gotten called so...more waiting I guess...

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Originally posted by layinonair View Post
                              Who are you kidding chump you aren't ever leaving Florida!!!
                              Trust me it is a serious consideration of ours...but not for at least 6 years

                              [QUOTE=FireFuss;1296376]On that note "chump" ( i hope you guys know each other)

                              For about 10 years.....its safe to say "we've met"....lol
                              42-B "The Night Train"

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Originally posted by VESmedic View Post
                                So what are we up to now? 11 right? I know what HR "tolf me my number" is, but I'm starting to see that number really doesn't matter...I know a few people that were around the top 10 that haven't gotten called so...more waiting I guess...
                                Only 9 off the new list (including the 3 in training right now).

                                Comment

                                300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

                                Collapse

                                Upper 300x250

                                Collapse

                                Taboola

                                Collapse

                                Leader

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X