Orlando Fire Dept. Testing 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LeatherHed4Life View Post
    Sounds like transport has spread you guys pretty thin.
    We have the coverage, it would just be nicer if certain rescues didn't have to transport for 2 other areas that aren't theirs just because there is no rescue at that house. Once there is a rescue at every station, which I'm guessing will eventually happen, the coverage will be much better.

Comment

Originally posted by layinonair View Post
      We have the coverage, it would just be nicer if certain rescues didn't have to transport for 2 other areas that aren't theirs just because there is no rescue at that house. Once there is a rescue at every station, which I'm guessing will eventually happen, the coverage will be much better.
      exactly, spread thin

Are you guys even staffing the "big" rescues anymore to augment the truck? or are thise crews being used to staff the transport rescues

Comment

exactly, spread thin

Are you guys even staffing the "big" rescues anymore to augment the truck? or are thise crews being used to staff the transport rescues
        Rescues can perform outside truck functions until the heavy gets there. Then they goto Ready Rescue mode.

Comment

Originally posted by layinonair View Post
          Rescues can perform outside truck functions until the heavy gets there. Then they goto Ready Rescue mode.
          by "big" I meant the older rescues like the international chassis, vs the other rescues, the new dodges.

I didnt know if the old rescues have been completely unstaffed and crews moved to the new ones. I know the old ones were equipped for truck work, and I didnt know if the new rescues were equipped the same

Comment

by "big" I meant the older rescues like the international chassis, vs the other rescues, the new dodges.

I didnt know if the old rescues have been completely unstaffed and crews moved to the new ones. I know the old ones were equipped for truck work, and I didnt know if the new rescues were equipped the same

I'm 90 percent sure the "newer" rescues are slightly stripped. SOP's have also changed, especially on high rise fires for the rescues (layinonair or rpferry can correct me if I'm wrong). I don't believe they have a saw anymore on the newer rescues.

layinonair, when you say outside truck functions, does this include VES? what if a truck is on scene vs the heavy? Do they go into "ready rescue" mode, or do they team up with the left jump/engineer outside team from the truck and continue there functions until the heavy is there?

Comment

Originally posted by VESmedic View Post
              I'm 90 percent sure the "newer" rescues are slightly stripped. SOP's have also changed, especially on high rise fires for the rescues (layinonair or rpferry can correct me if I'm wrong). I don't believe they have a saw anymore on the newer rescues.

layinonair, when you say outside truck functions, does this include VES? what if a truck is on scene vs the heavy? Do they go into "ready rescue" mode, or do they team up with the left jump/engineer outside team from the truck and continue there functions until the heavy is there?
              I think rpferry may be a little outta the loop. At least last I heard he was.
              AJ, MICP, FireMedic
              Member, IACOJ.
              FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
              This message has been made longer, in part from a grant from the You Are a Freaking Moron Foundation.

Comment

how often does Orlando Hire?
                -Firefighting is a lifestyle NOT a career-

Comment

Originally posted by DaveKiefer View Post
                  how often does Orlando Hire?
                  They tested in early 2011? From what i understand they can only hire to replace the guys leaving to keep the Safer Grant.

Comment

Originally posted by SVTxDUDE View Post
                    They tested in early 2011? From what i understand they can only hire to replace the guys leaving to keep the Safer Grant.
                    They can hire as many as thier budget allows for. However, since they required a grant to prevent laying guys off, that budget is not new hire friendly.

The SAFER grant requires them to maintain the minimum staffing at which the grant was recieved, so as people retire, quit or leave on medical, they must replace that person with another full time position or there would be a surplus of grant money.

Comment

Originally posted by VESmedic View Post

You are correct, the new rescues don't have saws on them anymore. The SOP's have changed drastically for the rescues on all types of fires. But it is what it is now.

They only go into Ready Rescue mode as soon as RIT is on scene and established. Depending on the response that's coming it could be the Heavy or a Truck. Used to split and one guy team up with outside truck, other with inside truck. Now they stay together and do proactive work, they can VES but that is the most in depth they can get on the fire. Other than that, helping safe the building, utilities, back side report, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by FireFuss
                        What is the standard response on a dwelling fire as far as engines/trucks/rescues/chiefs/heavy rescues?

...and whats the staffing like.... just curious...
                        3 Engines, 2 Trucks, HR, Rescue, 2 Batt Chiefs.

From
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIn11F7fArw
                        AJ, MICP, FireMedic
                        Member, IACOJ.
                        FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
                        This message has been made longer, in part from a grant from the You Are a Freaking Moron Foundation.

Comment

I *think* they dropped it to 1 truck now, could be wrong...

As far as manning, it may have changed alittle now with transport but in general it has pretty much been: Trucks: 4 man minimum, Engine: Multiple 4 man engines, but a handful of 3 man as well. generally, outside of station 1, multiple company houses have a 3 man engine. some seem to have gotten around that though (8, 10, 9) but I believe 2, 7, and 11's Engines are stll 3 man...Ironically they are the busiest in the city as well.

Comment

Heard through the grapevine, OFD bringing on a large number in October.

Comment

Originally posted by FloridaFireEMT View Post
                              Heard through the grapevine, OFD bringing on a large number in October.
                              ....of 2012. And that would just be a rumor providing more units go on the road as well.

Comment

Any Updates?

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...