Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Orlando Fire Dept. Testing 2011

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    email doesn't show who all they were sent to. how many open spots do they have now? and do you know about how many expected retirees? thanks for your time.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by eric33014 View Post
      email doesn't show who all they were sent to. how many open spots do they have now? and do you know about how many expected retirees? thanks for your time.
      Eric, I received an e-mail this morning also, they must have cc'd the sent e-mails to keep the addresses secure. And I don't believe there is any open spots currently. layinonair has already mentioned the SAFER Grant, which means when a member leaves the dept for whatever reason they have 15 days to fill their spot. Thats why they're making this eligibility list. It's gonna be hard to find accurate numbers in this process i think. We can only speculate.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Gio85 View Post
        Eric, I received an e-mail this morning also, they must have cc'd the sent e-mails to keep the addresses secure. And I don't believe there is any open spots currently. layinonair has already mentioned the SAFER Grant, which means when a member leaves the dept for whatever reason they have 15 days to fill their spot. Thats why they're making this eligibility list. It's gonna be hard to find accurate numbers in this process i think. We can only speculate.
        When I went through the process you could see who it was sent to, the last list was 129 or so (since I was able to count them). I haven't found out the amount of people on the eligibility list since I am on K-Day right now. But like you said, it will all be speculation, I'll try to keep you posted as much as I can. We just hired the last 3 off the last list. And now everyone else will come from this one, which I know there are a few guys teetering on the edge of leaving/medical out.

        Comment


        • #19
          thanks for the info fellas

          Comment


          • #20
            status

            i checked my status with the city and said eligible to be hired.(eligibility list). any of you know how to find our where on that list and howmany people made the list?

            Comment


            • #21
              Anyone get a call from orlando HR for the polygraph yet?

              Comment


              • #22
                are they already calling?? any way to find out where on the list we are?

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by FloridaFireEMT View Post
                  Anyone get a call from orlando HR for the polygraph yet?

                  (Raises hand)

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    who can we call to find out where on the list we placed or where can we view it?

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by determined View Post
                      who can we call to find out where on the list we placed or where can we view it?
                      At this point HR is probably the only one with this info. Sometimes they like to keep it g5 classified but they may e-mail us some info later on. You can try calling them but good luck. I do know that 85 is the final number that passed the testing process. Not bad considering that 1700 applied and about 800 tested. Now they will screen all the apps and go from there.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Gio85 View Post
                        At this point HR is probably the only one with this info. Sometimes they like to keep it g5 classified but they may e-mail us some info later on. You can try calling them but good luck. I do know that 85 is the final number that passed the testing process. Not bad considering that 1700 applied and about 800 tested. Now they will screen all the apps and go from there.
                        I don't even think it's that many. I was talking with HR when I called them to clarify something personally for me, and just chatting with them, they told me it is about 70 people left. That was without me prompting them for any info, they just happened to mention it, so even better! I doubt there is going to be any way to find out as gio85 stated. The only way you are really going to be able to tell, is if you know someone who had a better overall score than you and gets picked up, and kinda compare how you did on the written and practical, that will give you a halfway decent guess. I was told the top 30 got called for the poly FYI, I wouldn't take that to heart, even though it came from a few good sources, it may not be correct.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          From what I saw this weekend at the Orlando Fire Conference, any of you would be lucky to get a job with OFD. They are all a very dedicated bunch of guys and know their S**T!

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            hey any more news on the list?? how about the guys who took the poly??

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Bmuse718 View Post
                              hey any more news on the list?? how about the guys who took the poly??
                              Sooooo, whose all got a call for an interview? Interviews start this week!

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                any word on anyone starting? List? How many are in the process still and where at are they on the list?

                                Comment

                                300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

                                Collapse

                                Upper 300x250

                                Collapse

                                Taboola

                                Collapse

                                Leader

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X