Orlando Fire Dept. Testing 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who is testing tom ?

i got a 74 on the test hoping to do well on the FFST tom. im fresh out of medic school so i apply as a emt and havent been around an SCBA in months . what brand they used ? and would they give you time to learn the SCBA prior to use? any info will be appreciated

Comment

• 60 from this list will be a lot of FF. any idea whether they incline more towards medics or basic

Comment

• Well, took the ffst today... Not fun, hahaha. Finished up strong though, finished all the events, so I guess I passed? Wouldn't they stop you if you fail any events? Anyway, good luck to everyone who made it to this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by roadnurse4life View Post
          Well, took the ffst today... Not fun, hahaha. Finished up strong though, finished all the events, so I guess I passed? Wouldn't they stop you if you fail any events? Anyway, good luck to everyone who made it to this point.
          What time did you go?
          AJ, MICP, FireMedic
          Member, IACOJ.
          FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
          This message has been made longer, in part from a grant from the You Are a Freaking Moron Foundation.

Comment

• pretty sure i screw up the pt assesment today. good luck to everybody

Comment

• I tested at 1pm, I got in my own head and was way nervous, gassed myself out before I even started. I didn't quit and did my best. Got asked every station if I was a medic for some reason... I'm just glad to have had the opportunity to test, I was with how professional everyone was. Were you testing as well or part of the cadre? Anyone have an idea when we find out who moved on to the poly and interview?
              Last edited by roadnurse4life; 07-18-2012, 10:15 AM. Reason: typing on a cell phone...

Comment

• [QUOTE=FireFuss;1334885]Did you happen to use your webbing, or just pull your self described "monkey effing a football"? [/QUOTE

Fuss, sorry to disappoint. I created a new technique I like to call the Goat Rope, where I dragged the
                Dummy out by the head and arm like a strip club bouncer. I contemplated treating my undershirt off like hulk hogan and making a strap from it but opted against it for the less creative method. I assume you are on at OFD?

Comment

• Hey everyone, heard that around 60 percent passed the FFST. Anyone have any idea how they notify you if you passed or failed?

Comment

• As always, thanks for the info Fuss. I'm curious to know what most people failed on.... and to confirm whether I did or did not. I mean, I've talked to 5 people who ran out of time on the assessment, myself included, yet we all were allowed to go on and complete the course. I'd hate to find out that I was done before I ever got started.

Comment

• Originally posted by FireFuss
                      Just so you know... if you had done a PERFECT patient assessment hitting every single step and intervention for your scenario in 3 minutes.... they'd have made you stand there saying "recheck vitals, recheck MOI, recheck blah blah" UNTIL the time ran out. There really wasn't a way to "finish" this part of the test. It was more along the lines of "do as much of the right stuff you can in 5 1/2 minutes"

At least thats what I've been told

I've heard the same thing, you go 5 and 1/2 mins and then time.

I know of a couple people who didn't find the search victim and also heard a lot of people had trouble with the ladders

Comment

....anyone else get the email?
                        Yea, got mine today that said I passed. Have to be honest... I was really surprised. Not that I doubt my ability just that I felt my performance could have been better. So I dunno. Hopefully my experience and accolades take me far. We shall see.

Good luck to all.

Comment

• passed, there was alot to be desired from my pt assesment

Comment

• Got an email confirming the receipt of my application. Talked to someone in the city and found out I'm poetry far up the list, but not sure what the timeline looks like from here. Am I correct to assume that they go in order on the list for calling people to come polygraph? Anyone able to shed some insight add to how things unfolds from here? Good luck to you all as well!

Comment

When I talked to the guy at HR, he said they use the ranked list for the order of contacting people for the next step. So yea, the higher you are on the list, the earlier you're contacted for further processing. I believe the next step is a one on one with the big chief, followed by poly/physical/psych and poly again....

someone correct me if I'm wrong. (I always think of Larry the cable guy when I say that for some reason... )
                              In all reality the ranking really doesn't matter, it's a pick and chose type game from here out, they will look at everyone and determine who gets called, being in the top 20 never hurts as there is a reason you are there, but outside of that, they will call whoever they choose. If it's still the same you do a poly, chief interview, conditional, physical, psych, poly again, final offer.

Comment

• Does anyone know when phone calls are gonna to start going out?

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X