HCC Fire Academy Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HCC Fire Academy Question

Hi All - I was wondering if anyone could provide some clarification on a gear question for HCC. I know the academy used to use the MSA low pressure "elephant" SCBA masks, but I believe I heard somewhere they've gone to the MSA Ultra Elite with low pressure adapters. Does anyone know what type/model mask that HCC is now using for their SCBAs during the fire academy?

Thanks!

TWO

do you need one I have a friend that just finished

Comment

Steve,

I will need one after I get out of EMT school, but mainly I was just curious as to what HCC was using now. I know Leary is using the high pressure masks but didn't know if HCC was still using the old low pressure BA.

Thanks!

TWO

Comment

I don't think you have to buy the mask, just turnout coat, pants, boots, nomex hood, and gloves. I believe they provide the helmet and scba mask.

Comment

Aside from the gloves and hood, maybe the boots, you dont need any of that sh1t. Theyve got a giant shed filled with loaner gear. Use that.

Youre going to learn how to put on a mask, stretch a line and raise a ladder. Then when you get a job, youll get issued gear from whoever hires you; all that bunker gear youd have bought for a fire academy? Taking up space and collecting dust.

Save your money, use your head.
          To Persist is to Conquer.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
          Working...