Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Norwalk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Norwalk

Hey I am a firefighter in Orlando I just signed up for the norwalk test I just cant find the info on the Norwalk work schedule i found something that said it was a 42 hour work week but i dont know how it works can anyone help?

They have a rotating schedule 3 days on, 3 off, 3 nights on, 3 off and so on. It's like a 10 hour day shift and a 14 hour night shift.

Comment

No. They work 2 days on 1 day off, 2 nights on 3 days off. 42 hr. week, roughly 10 hr days 14 hr nights.

Comment

Yeah you're right, sorry.

Comment

The application said they take the top 50 after all testing is done and that is the list. Any idea how long it takes them to go through the list? I believe it said the list last two years so can all 50 realistically expect to be hired?

Comment

are you training for your CPAT

The cpat can be brutal

Comment

ya im prepping for it. been working with the weighted vest, trying to build up my cardio/stamina as well. ive never taken a cpat before, have you?

Comment

Originally posted by HopefulFF View Post
                ya im prepping for it. been working with the weighted vest, trying to build up my cardio/stamina as well. ive never taken a cpat before, have you?
                No, it will be my first. I only hear tough things about it. I am also working on my cardio.

Comment

Cpat

Originally posted by gilnorwalk View Post
                  No, it will be my first. I only hear tough things about it. I am also working on my cardio.

check out this link, i know it's not for norwalk, but it may help put your mind at ease a bit. i know for me getting some sort of visual for these events helped

http://www.ci.shreveport.la.us/dept/fire/cpat.htm

Comment

thank you

Any info is appreciated and helpful. You can never get too much info.

Comment

check out this link, i know it's not for norwalk, but it may help put your mind at ease a bit. i know for me getting some sort of visual for these events helped

http://www.ci.shreveport.la.us/dept/fire/cpat.htm

Is this your first test in Norwalk? How about CPAT?

Comment

cpat

i am testing for norwalk and i am a ff/emt in orlando. i have taken the cpat many times. the cpat is weird i am in no means in amazing shape but im decent i have seen bigger guys then me doe better then me and guys in amazing shape fall out of all the guys who fell out it was a matter of the stairs . if you can come off their feeling decent you will be fine but that is where everyone falls out i would suggest doing this at your local gym hit the stairs it is 60 steps a min for 3 min with 20 second warm up remember you can not hold onto the rail that is a DQ. if while your at the gym you do this and feel like you can do anything else for the next 6-7 minutes you will be fine. but from experience i would get the stairs and vest done and try to go ove the 320 hit 5-6 minutes and you will be fine b/c if not after 3 your legs are JELLO just make sure after 320 on steps you can still go

Comment

Originally posted by pciddy View Post
                          i am testing for norwalk and i am a ff/emt in orlando. i have taken the cpat many times. the cpat is weird i am in no means in amazing shape but im decent i have seen bigger guys then me doe better then me and guys in amazing shape fall out of all the guys who fell out it was a matter of the stairs . if you can come off their feeling decent you will be fine but that is where everyone falls out i would suggest doing this at your local gym hit the stairs it is 60 steps a min for 3 min with 20 second warm up remember you can not hold onto the rail that is a DQ. if while your at the gym you do this and feel like you can do anything else for the next 6-7 minutes you will be fine. but from experience i would get the stairs and vest done and try to go ove the 320 hit 5-6 minutes and you will be fine b/c if not after 3 your legs are JELLO just make sure after 320 on steps you can still go
                          thanks for the insight, it's always good to hear from someone who has taken the exam. i can get through 3min30sec @75lbs then 4 min @50lbs going at 60 steps a minute.

have you heard anything about our study guides yet? the woman i spoke to said they'd let us know as soon as they have them. im not sure if i should keep annoying her, but the exam is in 5 weeks too.

Comment

thanks for the insight, it's always good to hear from someone who has taken the exam. i can get through 3min30sec @75lbs then 4 min @50lbs going at 60 steps a minute.

have you heard anything about our study guides yet? the woman i spoke to said they'd let us know as soon as they have them. im not sure if i should keep annoying her, but the exam is in 5 weeks too.
                            I heard sometimes next week for study guides. Also I heard that there is over 900 people taking this exam in June. They (personnel) are trying to figure out how they are going to hold it.

Comment

Originally posted by gilnorwalk View Post
                              I heard sometimes next week for study guides. Also I heard that there is over 900 people taking this exam in June. They (personnel) are trying to figure out how they are going to hold it.
                              I think I saw some where on this website they held a test at the end of June in 2007 and didn't put out any study guides until the first week of June so you may be right on that one.

900 people? wow that is a lot sounds like competition will be steep. We better ace the written test or we wont even need to worry about how we do on the CPAT. Have you been studying for the written at all?

also, yes this is my first test in norwalk (or any where else for that matter), first CPAT as well.
                              Last edited by HopefulFF; 05-29-2009, 10:08 AM. Reason: --

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X