February '08 Recruit Class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• February '08 Recruit Class

Anyone else going to the February class? I just found out I'm going. Any info would be great from people who have been there/are there.

Sean

Sean which dept. is sending you?

Comment

Newington Fire is sponsoring me

Comment

You mean Hartford County Firefighter I course?

Comment

nah the recruit program. It's weird for a volly to go to it but I get my GI Benefits if I go so why the hell not?

Comment

I can't give you specific info on Connecticut's academy. I have been through two others and found the hard work was well worth it in the end. You'll meet people from all over the state and some of these classmates will be friends for a lifetime. Pay attention, work hard, you'll be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by spisc85 View Post
              nah the recruit program. It's weird for a volly to go to it but I get my GI Benefits if I go so why the hell not?
              Thats great. Enjoy the class.

Comment

I was in class 39 we had 2 volly's in there by the time class was over one was offered a job. What a good time. Lots of hard work running and studying. I had a good time and learned alot. Instructors are first class up there you can tell they really care about teaching and not just presenting material and testing you on it. You will have a good time and make many friends.
                Last edited by RBohan2; 12-16-2007, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by spisc85 View Post
                  Anyone else going to the February class? I just found out I'm going. Any info would be great from people who have been there/are there.

Sean
                  What?. You mean I can come to the great town of CT and go to the academy of ct and be a real fireman without being hired somewhere? I asked this question months ago.

Comment

Originally posted by RBohan2 View Post
                    I was in class 39 we had 2 volly's in there by the time class was over one was offered a job. What a good time. Lots of hard work running and studying. I had a good time and learned alot. Instructors are first class up there you can tell they really care about teaching and not just presenting material and testing you on it. You will have a good time and make many friends.
                    Bohan I heard you were the biggest BEATER at the academy.

Comment

Whatever Bohan was at the academy, he's been a nice black cloud since he showed up on the line.

Three months on the line and we've caught 4 or 5 good jobs on our shift.

Comment

I hope Newington VOLUNTEER Fire Department isn't paying 5 grand to send you. That would be a huge waste of money.

Comment

No they aren't, I'm paying for it.

Comment

Last edited by PapaGanoush; 12-21-2007, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shrek801 View Post
                              Whatever Bohan was at the academy, he's been a nice black cloud since he showed up on the line.

Three months on the line and we've caught 4 or 5 good jobs on our shift.
                              His he BOXERS OR BRIEFS?

So what are you saying, he's good with matches?
                              Last edited by crankshaft; 12-17-2007, 05:35 PM.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X