Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Cpat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LVFD22
    replied
    did anyone take and pass the practice test on june 2nd? and if so, have you gotten your card in the mail yet? they said 3 weeks, i guess they meant it because i havent gotten mine.

Leave a comment:

• scotts48
    replied
    Im sure the taxes are kicked in somewhere ie. building maintanence, electricity, gas , prolly some of the equipment. The cost of having so many proctors for all of the 5 dates is picked up by the application fee and prolly a small portion of taxes.

Leave a comment:

• TVFDT141
    replied
    Originally posted by scotts48 View Post
    Your paying for proctors (although most if not all of them couldnt pass this test) to be there through the 2 orientations, 2 practices, and the actual test. Keep in mind that you can pass it on the practice shots if the conditions are right.
    Dont my state taxes pay for the proctors? I would think they do in some way. I know it is paying for the electricity to run that building.

Leave a comment:

• LVFD22
    replied
    Originally posted by Jwarne2001 View Post
    Is this true for all CPAT's?

The dept I'm testing with offered an orientation (which I attended) and a fully-timed practice session (which I took...8:40) and I'm scheduled next Friday for the official CPAT.

I can tell you, I was a little nervous at the practice session....so I really have no idea how nervous I'll be at the actual. But if I do something stupid, can I still technically pass since I received a passing time at the practice session?

I have to think that if I screw the pooch at the actual CPAT, I am out.
    if you passed with a time of 8:40 on the practice you should be good for the actual test. just stay positive and stay in shape and you should do fine. the last time i took it i had about a second to spare...way too close for comfort but hey, a pass is a pass.

Leave a comment:

• Higby916
    replied

The dept I'm testing with offered an orientation (which I attended) and a fully-timed practice session (which I took...8:40) and I'm scheduled next Friday for the official CPAT.

I can tell you, I was a little nervous at the practice session....so I really have no idea how nervous I'll be at the actual. But if I do something stupid, can I still technically pass since I received a passing time at the practice session?

Nope, like I mentioned, you get an orientation here and no practice. They give you ample opportunity to see it on video and walk through each station. Kind of like the written; they give you an idea of what to expect but don't show you the questions.

Leave a comment:

• LVFD22
    replied

All i know for sure is that in Connecticut, you get an orientation, 2 practice tests and then the actual test. the practice test counts if you pass it and they tell you you dont need to come back. I'm not sure if it is this way in all areas.

Leave a comment:

• Jwarne2001
    replied
    Originally posted by LVFD22 View Post
    Yes, if you pass on the practice test you dont have to come back. One difference is that if you pass on a practice day you dont get a certificate on the spot, they mail it to you. One thing to keep in mind is that factors like temperature and weather need to be within the requirements as if it was an actual test date. when i took the practice test it was 91 degrees. if it got to 95, we would of still did a run through but i wouldnt of counted if you passed, due to the fact that 95 is the cut off.

Higby916, where did you take the cpat? When i went down to orientation they urged everyone to try every station, esspecially the stairclimber in full weights for the whole 3:20.

Leave a comment:

• JCA1386
    replied
    is there anyway i can move my cpat date back, i injured my foot and really havent been able to run or hit the gym at all for a few weeks. I know i vaugely remember reading something that said you can postpone it 2 weeks in advance?

Leave a comment:

• Higby916
    replied
    In a way thats what they want. Yes you get multiple attempts granted the conditions are right. It helps both types of people, the guy that would pass it normally but for what ever reason slips up during the test and then the "person" that couldnt normally pass it now has the chance x3. Its good and bad. I think it should be a one shot deal personally.
    Yup, me too. I watched a guy go around the wrong barrel with the hose (went around the equipment carry barrel). I felt sorry for him, but he went to the orientation, he watched the video before the test, he listened to the Capt tell him to follow the lines and arrows and to make a 90 degree turn at the barrel and in the heat of the moment he still went the wrong way. It's too bad, but I guess when the heat is on you have to be able to take it, right?

Leave a comment:

• scotts48
    replied
    In a way thats what they want. Yes you get multiple attempts granted the conditions are right. It helps both types of people, the guy that would pass it normally but for what ever reason slips up during the test and then the "person" that couldnt normally pass it now has the chance x3. Its good and bad. I think it should be a one shot deal personally.

Leave a comment:

• Higby916
    replied
    Originally posted by LVFD22 View Post
    Yes, if you pass on the practice test you dont have to come back. One difference is that if you pass on a practice day you dont get a certificate on the spot, they mail it to you. One thing to keep in mind is that factors like temperature and weather need to be within the requirements as if it was an actual test date. when i took the practice test it was 91 degrees. if it got to 95, we would of still did a run through but i wouldnt of counted if you passed, due to the fact that 95 is the cut off.

Higby916, where did you take the cpat? When i went down to orientation they urged everyone to try every station, esspecially the stairclimber in full weights for the whole 3:20.
    I've done the CPAT in a couple of cities in Ontario and neither city allowed us to see the search and neither city allowed a practice. We were allowed to touch everything and be comfortable with what was being asked of us, but no practice. One city didn't allow others to stand and watch either, you were taken into the gym one person at a time (a second was brought in while the test was being completed and you started right away). I guess it's good that you get to practice it, but kind of takes away from the "test", no?

Leave a comment:

• LVFD22
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Higby916
    replied
    Originally posted by AXE471WFD View Post
    If you go to one of the practice sessions and complete the course in the required time; you pass and get your certificate. You do not have to go back for the published test date. I passed on the practice test 2 weeks ago.
    You got to practice it? We had an orientation day where we were able to put our hands on everything, we did not use the entire weight for the stairs (for one minute) and we were not allowed to see the search portion. A test run would have saved some grief for a few guys for sure (those who, for some reason couldn't understand the video or the spoken description of what we were to do and managed to screw it up by stepping outside a box or going around the wrong barrel). It costs almost $400 here for the written and CPAT.

Leave a comment:

• AXE471WFD
    replied
    CPAT at practice

If you go to one of the practice sessions and complete the course in the required time; you pass and get your certificate. You do not have to go back for the published test date. I passed on the practice test 2 weeks ago.

Leave a comment:

• Mark21
    replied
    Your paying for proctors (although most if not all of them couldnt pass this test) to be there through the 2 orientations, 2 practices, and the actual test. Keep in mind that you can pass it on the practice shots if the conditions are right.
    Scotts - What do you mean? You can pass it in the practice/orientation?
    Please do tell
    Thanks
    Mark

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse